my theory with no #sources

Viewing 5 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

akot was paid. arizona knows the fbi knows. So he is being held back by Miller to limit his importance and impact on the team once he is inevitably suspended for this year and next 

I just have a hard time seeing him being a complete non factor like this. long athletic elite defender. anybody can find a place for a guy like that

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Guarantee Muarkateen, Alkins and Ayton. All PAID

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Akot very likely.  All three VERY MUCH LIKELY! Plus who knows who else in the past.  Sean Miller is screwed.

HoosierUte
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierute

My theory with some sources. I live in Indianapolis and have dealings with a few NCAA employees (personal and professional). (take this FWIW).  When talking FBI and P12 I have heard from 2 different sources that AZ was under investigation by the NCAA and they already were building a case against them that was imminent. FBI took them all by surprise and they put all current investigations on hold. I am not sure if they have reactivated their own procedures or if they are aiding the FBI at this point. Either way, they are dirty and everyone knows. 

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Akot, Markannen, and one other player I can’t recall were 100% Utes right up until the last second, then they flipped to Arizona mysteriously.   It was almost as though LK and staff identified the talent, and U of Pay swooped in bearing Christmas gifts to get them to sign.

Akot would have been a huge difference-maker to our team this year.  And teh fact that he isn’t playing almost makes it seem as though they are concerned about recruiting violations and will be forced to vacate any game he played.

Utebeam
      Ute Fan
      @utebeam

When will the NCAA sanction them? And how is Miller not under arrest?  

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

It takes a ton of solid evidence before somebody can be arrested.  But the NCAA has specifically stated that criminal activity by an assistant coach will necessarily be the responsibility of the head coach, and head coaches will be held accountable.

But I can’t imagine there is any way to justify a university holding somebody accountable for a crime until after a conviction. And if they act unreasonably, they may be on the hook for damages beyond the severance package (ex. Rick Pitino is looking at a $44M severance package, that Louisville will certainly try to avoid paying).

Hal Evans
      Ute Fan
      @dixieute

And all will be in the NBA before the FBI and NCAA does anything to Arizona

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) my theory with no #sources