My thought on Utah football after game 3.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      4 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

The team is still very sloppy at times and that worries me.  I believe this will cost us some games.

It’s a darn good thing we have Carrington!!!

Huntley has some brilliant moments and then …  But, this was only his thrid start.  He is still learning.

Out running game is pathetic right now.  The big reason is probably the line blocking.

They way I see the rest of the season;

We should win these games:

Arizona, ASU, Stanford and UCLA

Tossup games:

Colorado and WSU

Games we will be picked to lose:

USC, UW and Oregon

However, I don’t think that there is a game we can’t lose or we can’t win.  USC and Wahington have shown some weaknesses.  

If we don’t clean up the big mistakes, we will likley only win 2-4 games IMO.  But, we have the potential to win 6-7 IMO.

LVUte
      Ute Fan
      @texute

I agree with most of what you said. Our running game is awful to watch, especially with what we’ve be used to seeing the past few years, but we will get better.  

Huntley is still learning, but I am happy to see him throw the ball away and even take a sack when he has nothing else. He has been pretty good about not forcing the ball, but a few times I’ve noticed him force the ball a little when throwing to Carrington. Carrington is elite and can go get it, but some of the throws look like they are into double teams or even triple coverage. That being said, he still did complete passes to 8 different players. 

3-0 and will be ranked this week, Beat AZ!!

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football My thought on Utah football after game 3.