My thoughts:

Viewing 3 reply threads

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Huntley looks like a Taylor-type QB. That being said, it will be tough for Huntley to unseat Troy Williams. Troy is safe. Plus, when you realize that our starting 5 OL didn’t play, Shyne didn’t play, Moss maybe broke his arm and DHC looked great…safe might win you the south. 

I liked the secondary. Blackmon and Hughes were solid. Ballard was incredible. 

Wilson…was disappointing. Too many drops, not the effort…but it was the spring game and he is our #1 (or #2, depending on how you view Singleton). Late in the game, he got up and was shaking his arm. The next play, he catches the ball and gets drilled. I lean into my wife and chuckle, “I bet Wilson is p**sed he is still playing.” Sure enough, he got up, ran to the sidelines and didn’t come back. lol. 

Leki Fotu…fantastic. 

I’d say the offensive and defensive play of the game was the same play. Troy steps up, throws a great pass to Fulks, Fulks makes a great grab and then Ballard lights him up…and Fulks holds onto the ball. 

We need WR depth. Singleton, Wilson, Simpkins, Hampton, Nacua are solid. We need 2-3 more. If Fulks can catch the ball…watch out. He has everything else. He has made some great grabs the last couple practices. Hopefully “it” has clicked with him. If so, I think he can be similar to Clay the second half of his SR season. 

It’s too bad Moss was injured. I really wanted to see him play. DHC looked great. Especially catching the ball. 

Finally, I think our CB’s will be just fine. We are so lucky to have Harding and Shah. Those two are fantastic. 

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Also, the level of recruits we had there today…Our recruiting is now on a different level. IF, and this is a HUGE IF, we were to win the south this year, it wouldn’t shock me if Whitt brought home a top 20/top 15 class. 

I think the “optimistic” goal would be to win 8 games, including Washington and Stanford/USC, win our bowl game and finish the season ranked again. 

1 1

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

I coulda sworn that Moss was in on the White squad. Guess I’m delusional.

I think spring games favor the defense pretty significantly. It’s hard to split up your top offensive playmakers, whereas I think that defense can accommodate better to a split squad (at least at Utah because our D is so good).

Regardless. I took the same message from this spring game that I’ve taken from years past: the defense is good, the offense is serviceable AT BEST.

Looking forward to fall camp. My season tickets are renewed. I’ll gladly sacrifice some of my summer plans (I’m young and making-do) to support my absolute favorite team.

GO UTES!

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Moss was on the white team. He went down during the game, came back with his arm in a sleeve. Whitt said it wasn’t too worrisome, six weeks at worst. 

1 1

Anonymous
      Inactive

It will largely come down to OL play. If they cannot protect the QB, we will need all 3 of them. It could be like last year with RBs.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football My thoughts:

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Anonymous.