My turn. Thanks Tony!

Viewing 8 reply threads

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

I tried to hang on to UF.NET but I cannot handle the bigotry, hate and political BS that takes place on that site.  

This site is refreshing and I appreciate Tony for buidling it.

I plead with everyone to not bring that other crap here.  Please leave this a sports forum, treat each other with respect and remember that even though others might not agree with you, they are human and probably good people.  A little love and respect can go a long way.

TIA!

DanielLaRussoUte
      Ute Fan
      @daniellarussoute

UFN couldn’t make it one day into the bye week without devolving to off-season form. Frankly, Chris would probably generate more hits if he dropped the ruse of being a sports board and just went full-on current events.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Vote for Pedro.

Great1Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tribute

Yup. Done with that other place.

SteelUte
      Ute Fan
      @steelute

Bienvendios Pedro.

I agree, I never posted on UFN, I just like getting the occasional nugget of information regarding the Utes, but it was exhausting wading through the eyeball deep mierda that everyone posted on there regarding everything else going on in Provo, Utah, the U.S and in the offices on the corner of North Temple and State Street.  Post that stuff to your facebook if you want, and heck post it on UFnet, but just know that it repels more than it brings in.

Special thanks to Tony for all your work here, Milton Vanderslice for your awesome clips, and a special thanks to the UtestuckinSeattle who posts the live stream link. I would send you a bulging bag of bit coins if I knew how.

4 3

BulgieUte
      Ute Fan
      @bulgieute

Does anybody else find the drama in this thread ironic?

Riot West
        Ute Fan
        @riotwest

Does anybody else find the drama in this thread ironic?

I guess some people can’t help but read every word of every post. I just scroll past stuff that doesn’t interest me. It’s that easy. PS I gave you the solo thumbs up.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Yeah I find it very ironic but people keep doing it and good for them. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Does anybody else find the drama and irony in pointing out the drama and irony of this thread ironic?

7 2

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I think the UteFans bashing is pretty pathetic and overdone at this point. I post over there and I enjoy it a lot. I like the fact that there isn’t a large cougarboard groupthink and that people discuss ideas and don’t always agree. Bad things happen when everybody falls in line. I appreciate that there are people that are willing to look outside what President Monson and other general authorities say and are willing to stand up to things the Church is doing incorrectly (for example, the honor code/title 9/rape protocol at BYU. Because of people like the “hateful, intollerant” utefan posters, the Church is waking up and making changes for the better) and help foster change. This is my Church as well, and if my Church needs to improve (which it does), then I don’t run away…I will fight for change. 

I find it funny that people come over here (and utahby5) and talk about how mean and intolerant that site is, when you guys are the ones that don’t agree with some of the posts and then run away yelling about intollerance. 

I don’t care if you like UFN or not. I don’t care if you agree with posters over there or would rather fall in line with the cougarboard group think or fall somewhere in between. I enjoy all the posts. I learn a lot from all different points of view. 

But the bashing? Just stop with it. It’s getting pretty pathetic. Enjoy this site. Enjoy UFN. If you can’t handle some adult conversation, then just stay over here. But constantly bagging on a large segment of our fanbase? Enough already.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Everyone’s entitled to an opinion. I’ve tried to take the high road and simply say that I’m trying to do what I can to make THIS place the best it can be.  I rarely visit any other place.  I’m basically addicted to my own site, which is kind of cool, I guess.

UtahSig
        Ute Fan
        @utahsig

I appreciate that this site is developing it’s own vibe that is different from Utefans. I agree we don’t need to bash Utefans. I think it is petty.

I do have to say, it is funny that I read a post over there of your just the other day bashing this site. Maybe follow your own advice. It really is good advice.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Bashing this site? LOL. Give me a break. Here is my post:

http://utefans.net/message.php?id=1851744

I stand by it. Utefans is the first site I go to. It has been around forever. I do believe that if it had any sort of leadership, it would remain the go to place to post for ute fans. 

I also feel that Tony is doing an awesome job and if he keeps it up and UFN remains blowing in the wind, that this site could easily become the go to place for ute fans. 

So, when I said that utehub was getting better, how was I bashing this site? Please, perform your mental gymnastics around that. I’d love to read it. 

I did find this post as well:

http://utefans.net/message.php?id=1851685

I guess saying I loved my first (UFN) but still liked Utehub is some pretty big time bashing. I apologize to Tony for that. If Tony keeps it up, I’ll probably love his site as well someday. 

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

I do believe this thread represents the most drama and passionate discussion this board has seen yet. And even with that, the tone is mostly respectful and hasn’t devolved into name calling and personally belittling statements. Kudos to everyone. 🙂

For the record I see both sides. I think we are starting to reach the point where UteHub is solid enough on its own that people don’t need to insult UF.N to affirm a belief in it.

Let’s also remember that some insult UF.N because they feel fooled or taken advantage of by Monkey. I know that has been the case for me personally. It’s therapeutic for them to do so, and the circumstances are highly unusual. I think patience and tolerance by all is called for.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc My turn. Thanks Tony!