My two cents

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I was much more impressed with Rising compared to what I saw against WSU.  I hope his improvement continues.

I liked the offensive play calling and that we passed downfield.

Tavion IMO should be RB1.  I know he has had a few fumbles, but this guy is our best RB IMO.

Oline is improving, especially in pass blocking.

I have some mixed feelings about our defense.  That was not a stellar effort.  However, Whitt and Scalley may have just decided they were not going to be beaten by the big play like 2 years ago and just kept everything in front of them.  I am happy that they were able to generate some pressure with a 4 man rush.  We didn’t see any of that in the first three games.

I hope they have not put the wildcat package in the closet for the remainder of the season because of Jackson’s fumble against WSU.  I love the formation and Jackson is the perfect guy to run it IMO.

How much can we take away from this game?  I really don’t know for sure.  USC is a hot mess.  How good or bad are they?  Next week is a big test for our Utes.

Jake
      Ute Fan
      @jutahfootball

I thought the defense was good. They played smart and didn’t give up the deep ball like we have so many times against SC. Those USC receivers are insane, they’re all huge and athletic. Sure they took the short stuff and moved the ball all day, but they struggled in the red zone and took time off the clock instead of scoring quick deep passes. They’ll play much more aggressive against lesser teams.

MFury
        Ute Fan
        @mfury

Same. Every time I saw London catch a pass for 15 between the 30s I thought – better than getting burned like 2 years ago.

When they went deep, we mostly had someone there – doing their 5’11” best to disrupt 😉

UtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahrockon

Red Zone defense lights out.
      Red Zone offense executed well called plays.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Thomas has improved a lot. He had a nice pancake block prior to his touchdown run. His touchdown rush was great no spinning around or giving up his back awkwardly. A few times he did this though and made me nervous as hell.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football My two cents