National media picks up on quote from KW in his presser today

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

KW does not like the NIL and he made no bones about it today.  However, I think this article is just trying to stir things up between Utah and USC.

KW on NIL

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

Never heard of that site.

AlaskaSteveUteAlum
      Ute Fan
      @alaskasteveutealum

KW is correct. Until there are firm rules for NIL, the best college football teams will be those who pay their players the most money. Professional sports recognized this, and enacted team salary caps.

8 1

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

You know what’s scary? There’s no leadership right now to make and enforce effective rules. The NCAA is worthless which ultimately leaves us in the hands of the government, which is pretty much like jumping out of the pan and into the fire. I truly fear for the future of my beloved sport.

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

Unless you are interested in NFL Lite, our beloved sport is already dead.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Yeah might as well accept it. Until some new “governing” body is created.  Don’t even kid ourselves it is going to protect the blue bloods because they will be the ones creating it. Every system since the bcs era has just been to funnel absurd money to these programs. It p**ses them off that programs got a sip along the way. 

UteBacker
            Ute Fan
            @utebacker

I reluctantly and sadly agree with both of you.

HoosierUte
            Ute Fan
            @hoosierute

NFL Lite is best case scenario right now. At least the NFL has a salary cap and the draft to maintain some level of parity and a chance for any team to build over time. What we are watching develop in college football is an absolute nightmare and will crush an already diminishing interest in the sport outside of the south and midwest. 

What’s so frustrating is how obvious it is, yet nobody will do anything. Don’t look up. 

BoiseUTE
            Ute Fan
            @slarson150

Yup sad but so true. Look at Bryce Young and how much money his already getting from Dr. Pepper and Nissan commercials. It really p**ses me off every time I see his face. Big city market reap the benefits once again over smaller markets like Utah.

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

I am not scared.

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

Would you please elaborate on what you mean by, “The NCAA is worthless?”

GameForAnyFuss
            Ute Fan
            @gameforanyfuss

I suspect what OP is trying to say in a nice way is, “the NCAA are a bunch of cucks.” They don’t lead…instead they allow themselves to be led by the SEC. They have lost control of the entities they claim to govern.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Utah is already feeling it in recruiting. In a previous interview with Riley earlier in the season, KW mentioned the first thing out of higher level recruits during visits is NIL. As mentioned by others, enjoy every minute of this season. The off-season could get ugly quick for Utah in recruiting and current players on the team Utah has developed. That said, after last week’s performance, not sure if money bags have interest in any current players at the moment.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

As EA will come out with their first NCAA FOOTBALL game in about a decade next year, I dug out my tired old XBOX360 and copy of NCAA Football (2012 version) out of storage and started playing it again.  (Will need to go buy a higher caliber gaming platform for the next release of course). 

Part of the game is recruiting and you can pitch prospects on subjects such as Fan Base, Academics, Athletic Facilities, TV Coverage,  etc.   And at the end of each season, in addition to players graduating, players may declare for the pro draft or transfer to other schools, but they will never transfer schools unless you break promise(s) made during recruiting such as no red-shirt, lots of playing time, team wins a conference championship first year, etc., at least I’ve never seen it happen. 

I imagine next year’s game to be realistic will need to put a lot of emphasis on NIL deals to try to entice recruits to play for you, and will also have you losing lots of players to go make more $$$$$ at another school.

Ironically EA had to stop making college games because the players portrayed in the game weren’t being paid and now will have NIL deals with colleges/players to allow that. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football National media picks up on quote from KW in his presser today