New depth chart is out

Viewing 10 reply threads

UteBulldog
      Ute Fan
      @utebulldog

Depth chart

• This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by UteBulldog.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Troy Williams now definitively put as the #1.

Boom.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Is it surprising to anyone that Garrett Bolles is listed as #1 at Left Tackle? I thought he was taking snaps with the first string.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Ah, thank you – I failed to see the “OR” at the end. I ar smurt.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Also, along with what you were saying – Whitt also said that the Left Tackle is exactly where Garrett will be playing. I’m surprised they’re thinking of putting him on the right.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Maybe it depends on who is QB?
      Maybe they want to move Garrett to the blind side, and with Cox being a lefty, there may be times that he needs to go over to the right side?

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I think this is it. They are probably not happy with Tevi’s play, so they are lighting a fire under him by putting Bolles and Barton as equals with him.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Man, it’s starting to clear up. Exciting stuff. I thought Moss would get an OR with McCormick. Part of me is sad, because Moss should be really good. Part of me is happy if McCormick is putting space between him and Moss.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Also, glad to see Simpkins get the backup spot to Fulks. Really cool.

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

Damn. That’s a fine looking line up right there.

MBAute89
      Ute Fan
      @jtbuckner

Seems to me like Whit uses the depth chart as a way to motivate the players. He takes a psychological approach to it throughout Spring and Fall camps. 17 days!

UteBulldog
      Ute Fan
      @utebulldog

After listening to Coach after practice it sounds like Tevi and Bolles are the starters but Barton is close enough he could also see reps rotating in at tackle like he did last season.

Sounds like Moss has been dealing with an injury of some type which may be why he hasn’t made the two deep (Same with Chris Hart).

Anonymous
        Inactive

This^^^. Whitt covered it in today’s interview.

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

Both left and right tackle say Jackson Barton OR Garrett Bolles, so based on that it looks like they are deciding who is right and who is left.

What’s confusing to me is Whitt has said for a few days now that the line is starting to solidify with Bolles, Asiata, Dielman, Uhatafe and TEVI (at rt tackle).

He has also dismissed the validity of the two deep roster to the point he denied it’s existence.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football New depth chart is out