New OC news?

Viewing 1 reply thread

Dante Guardi
      Ute Fan
      @danteg12

Does anyone have any new news on the new OC? I am super eager to find out who it is. The 3 names that I am hearing the most are Zak Hill, Steve Sarkisian and Jim Harding. Has anyone else heard any other names thrown around a lot? Who do you guys think should be the OC? Personally i’m on the Sarkisian train.

3 1

fussmanami
      Ute Fan
      @fussmanami

Wouldn’t Mike McCoy be a great candidate?

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

Mike McCoy is a big name and has a ton of NFL experience, but has been out of college ball since he played 22 years ago.  Not sure how he is at managing 18-23 yr old players, recruiting, and working an Offense against the types of Defenses seen in college.

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

He can coach the Xs and Os, but yeah, dealing with unpaid young men could be rough. I think he’d recruit just fine.

tarheelute
          Ute Fan
          @tarheelute

Looks like the Utes could do far worse than Mike McCoy. Ute history – I remember the Arizona Game, and the and the top 10 final ranking in 1994. Mike also QB’d the first back to back wins over BYU in over two decades, the famous pair of 34-31 wins. Those were two great years to be a Ute fan. Bring him on. – Props to Coach McBride as well.

But maybe I wax too nostalgic.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football New OC news?