New OC Take

Viewing 2 reply threads

Dwight89
      Ute Fan
      @jordan-buckner

I refuse to neither get too excited nor too disappointed in whoever Utah hires as its new OC. Why? Because we’ll have no clue how good of a hire it was until roughly October of 2019. So, what’s the point in raising my expectations or p**sing and moaning? 

Troy Taylor was….ok by most measures. He made our offense slightly better. But not the home run hire some of us had hoped for two years ago. This gives me hope that whoever we get will at least be able to maintain our current level of offensive “prowess”. 

Tednab
      Ute Fan
      @tednab

echo that .. you can hire a rockstar OC , but I’m not expecting night and day differences on the field right away; although I thought Chow did a great job with what he had. it’s gonna take a season or two to get a good flow together imo ; not to mention recruiting key guys to the type of offense which is going to be run.. again… Rome wasn’t built over night, and we keep keep tearing down the foundation.

DanielLaRussoUte
      Ute Fan
      @daniellarussoute

There’s no reason to get excited because whoever it is, they’ll only be here for a year.

Dwight89
        Ute Fan
        @jordan-buckner

Now now, that last two OC’s have lasted two years each (sort of). Let’s give Whitt credit where it’s due!

DanielLaRussoUte
          Ute Fan
          @daniellarussoute

The lifecycle of a Utah OC

Phase 1: Hire made
          Phase 2: Talk of high powered offense in spring training
          Phase 3: Fall camp hype “This is the best offense we’ve had in years!”
          Phase 4: Underperformance with bright spots
          Phase 5: Talks of internal division amongst coaches
          Phase 6: Graceful exit
          Phase 7: Fans hope the next OC will be THE ONE

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.