New Pick Em Features Added

Viewing 3 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Last night I snuck in a Pick Em update.

You’ll now see a “week” selector. I punched in the games for week 2 and you can now go look at them.

You’ll also see in the My Picks view an “Edit” button. You can now edit your picks. Naturally you can (or maybe I should say “should”) only edit picks for the active week.

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

at some point will there be a link on the page?
      edit: that is, a link to the pick’em so I don’t have to keep digging for the link from your test post?

never mind, I’m stooopid, I see it at the top right

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by 89ute.

leftyjace
        Ute Fan
        @leftyjace

Don’t feel bad, took me a minute to find it too 🙂

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

at some point will there be a link on the page?

LOL

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

One observation- espn comment boards will automatically include the name of the post a comment is replying to.  Anyway to include something similar?

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Anyway to include something similar?

The indentation of the non threaded view shows that but not real obvious. Hit open to go to that view. I could definitely add in the threaded view “reply to #456 Utes Rule” or something. Or a reply with quote feature.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Forgot to mention this one. There are also countdown clocks indicating when picks open and close.

89ute
        Ute Fan
        @89ute

This turned out to be everything I dreamed it would be! Thank you, it’s going to be fun. Another suggestion, you may have already thought of this and it’s coming, but doing something that makes the “Pick’em” pop on the home page? I’m thinking about people who wander on to the site and the pick’em smacks them in the face. It’s going to draw them in and keep them coming back.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Yeah I hope to make a banner or something.

89ute
            Ute Fan
            @89ute

I counted 47 people playing so far. I doubt it’s been pimped by anyone yet on their Facebook and Twitter accounts. It’s probably ready enough to now be pimped out. Just say the word and I’m sure the faithful Utehub contributors will begin infiltrating the web with requests to checkout Utehub and get in on the ground level of the Pick’Em contest. Let’s get this thang LIT!

Tony (admin)
              Admin/Founder
              @admin

…I guess I’d better write the code to track the scores LOL. OMG this is going to be a late-night week before next weekend.

89ute
                Ute Fan
                @89ute

Success comes at a price.

Look at the bright side, if you follow the business model practiced on some other sites, after you get Utehub all squared away you can just sit on your ass for 5 years. Then maybe show up the last day of fall camp and post a story about an event that happened on the opening day of camp and call it good. So there’s that.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 New Pick Em Features Added