New Poll: Who would you start at QB at USC this week?

Viewing 5 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

You’ve been named head coach this week. Who do you start at QB? Williams or Bateman?

Poll only available on the www site, not the app at this time.

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

Bateman, not some overreaction from last night either.  We saw what we have in Williams last night, its the same player as we had last season.  He is a 50% completions QB and abandons the pocket way too early.  Give Bateman a chance to prove himself.  I wish Williams was the answer at QB while Huntley is out, but he clearly isnt.

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

^^^this^^^

Williams is what we saw last night. There is nothing to lose by starting Bateman. Plus, Williams seems to have checked out mentally. He didn’t get his way so now he’s just going to go through the motions.

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Me!

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

Yeah, if Huntley still can’t go I’d like to see Bateman given a shot. It can’t hurt really as it’s a likely L, but could give an extra wrinkle in our game plan as USC has no film on him. 

Virginia Ute
      Ute Fan
      @virginiaute

Bateman.  It’s not really the 2 interceptions that worried me the most about Williams, but his defeated ass response to them.  His body language told me that he just didn’t believe.  

I couldn’t help but contrast the way he reacted to a certain Brian Johnson.  I recall BJ being down 10 to Oregon State late in the 4th quarter, and even though the fans were flocking to the exits, that badass got pumped, rallied his troops, and took that game.  Williams was the complete opposite.  If you’re going to have an attitude like that, sit down and let someone else have a shot.  

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

It’s so weird too because it was Troy who led the comeback win against USC last year in RES. I don’t recall exactly, but pretty sure we were down 10 in the 4th that night as well. Go figure.

Virginia Ute
          Ute Fan
          @virginiaute

Interesting.  How did I forget about that?  Well, that Troy is gone.  

Minneapolitan_Ute
      Ute Fan
      @minneapolitanute

Man, this is tough.  After seeing that Huntley is clearly the best option at QB, I gotta trust the coaches that Troy Williams is definitely more talented at QB than Batemen.  What may make me reevaluate that is that TW2 seems to have had his confidence sapped by not being named the starter.  But I think he can be the same player with the same winner-mentality that I think he had last year.  So, I’d probably stick with Troy.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football New Poll: Who would you start at QB at USC this week?