New weather factor for Boulder….

Viewing 2 reply threads

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Some warmer air aloft above the shallow sub-freezing air at the surface cold lead to some freezing rain in the early morning hours on Saturday.  If you’re driving to Boulder from elsewhere in NE Colorado you might want to allow some additional time to get to the stadium, though I image CoDOT will treat the Interstates.  Mignt be another factor limiting attendance at Folsom Field.  GO UTES!!

COFfrom83
      Ute Fan
      @coffrom83

when I lived in CO 32 years ago, they treated the interstate with pea-gravel. I think they tried passing it off as sand, but it really messed up my car’s paint. Not a lick of salt to melt the ice, but gravelly sand.

they may have changed in the intervening decades, but I don’t know.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

When I lived in the area some places, including Ft Collins, were using some sort of ash which made for lots of dirty snow and cars.  Boulder was mostly relying on the “solar plow”; sand in the intersections.

blockuatmos
      Ute Fan
      @blockuatmos

There really isn’t warm air aloft.  This is more a case of no ice crystals being present in the layer of air near the surface, so the fog might precipitate out as freezing drizzle. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football New weather factor for Boulder….