Whoever starts in his place needs to hold down the fort

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Where did you heat that?

tysnowboarder88
      Ute Fan
      @tysnowboarder88

I’m also wondering where you heard that. I’m not saying that it’s not true and that it might not be a bad idea to keep him out. Did coach Whitt say something in the presser today?

IamgrUTE
        Ute Fan
        @jrevans

Shelly is more than serviceable when he gets all the snaps in practice.  How quickly we forget what he did for the Utes last year.  Do any of you see Cal scoring more than 10? Would not be surprised at all with a shut out on Saturday. I think the Utes can manage 21 – 28 with Shelly after seeing OSU beat them on Saturday.  

2 2

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

Shelley did okay, not great last season.  Huntley is a game-changer and Cal’s defense is excellent.  It will be difficult to score 28 against them with Shelley or Lisk unless our defense helps with the scoring.

That being said, our defense should shut them down.

IamgrUTE
            Ute Fan
            @jrevans

Great point.  I do think the Utes win with Shelly though.  I don’t see where Cal gets points.  I guess if Shelly and the Utes turn the ball over multiple times deep in there own territory it could happen.  

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

Cal’s defense has not allowed more than 24 points this season including UW in Seattle.  They will not be easy to score on with a backup QB.

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

They’ve sustained some injuries on D too. They’re not as good as they were a few weeks ago.

Dwight89
      Ute Fan
      @jordan-buckner

Wouldn’t surprise me. Looked like he could barely walk when they pulled hiim out of the game. 

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

I’m seeing it on twitter, but not sure about this account

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.