cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

Shouldn’t be won on a coin flip.

1 2

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

They already did. That’s why a TD wins it now but a FG gives the other team a shot to match it or beat it.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I like the NFL rules now personally perfect I think. 

cjd1
        Ute Fan
        @cjd1

Give KC a shot to score a TD also.

5 2

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

If they want a shot, then get a stop on defense. It’s not like the Patriots got the ball in the Red Zone to start. They had to drive 75 yards.

1 1

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Or win the flip. 

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

50/50 shot plus more to stop Brady. Two big third down conversions. Or don’t line up in the neutral zone. 

GameForAnyFuss
            Ute Fan
            @gameforanyfuss

Problem is, we got to see if the Chiefs could get a stop on defense (they couldn’t), but we never got to see if the Patriots could get a stop on defense too. Stupid NFL overtime rules removed one entire phase of the game from one team for OT – for better or for worse.

I just don’t see why we can’t give both teams the exact same opportunity. Every other sport (and football at other levels) has figured this out.

Would it make sense to have baseball extra innings be such that if the team that bats in the top of the 10th scores, we don’t play the bottom of the 10th? Of course not. So why is the same thing OK in NFL football?

2 3

UteThunder
              Ute Fan
              @utethunder

Football is such a violent sport. I believe part of the reason for the rule is to limit extra punishment on the players’ bodies.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Stupid Patriots again, argh.

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

KC lining up in the neutral zone – most bone-headed play ever. That KC defensive lineman will be haunted by that for the rest of his life.

7 1

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

It wasn’t won on a coin flip. It was won on Tom Brady singlehandedly abusing the Chief’s defense.

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

Given the 4th quarter, I was certain the winner of the flip would win.  The NE WRs were the difference not Tom.  They made the difficult part of the play again and again and were not giving up TOs.  KC was not allowed to wave a hand in front of Tom’s face but the WRs were involved in football contact.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

Tom Brady converted on 3rd and 10 THREE TIMES on the drive in OT.  They went 13-19 on 3rd down in the game, and 1-2 on 4th down.  That kind of efficiency is almost unheard of.  Just amazing.

Tom Brady probably has one more game left in his career, and Mahomes is absolutely the future.  But in this game it was obvious who the GOAT is.

5 1

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

College football has a much better OT setup. NFL should go to that.

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

I agree, but I would start them at the 35 or 40 instead of the 25.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

No more special teams. Go for two right from the go. 

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

Have them start at their own 25.  No game clock.  2-pt conversions only. No kickoff or punts (turn over on Downs = other team starts at their own 25).  

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NFL NFL needs to change Overtime rules.