NFL Overtime rules suck

Viewing 3 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Despite recent changes in the OT rules, NFL’s overtime still basically comes down to a coin toss.  Totally lame. The Bills offense had no opportunity to answer. 

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Agree.as a Bills fan, I don’t think Buffalo could have beat fukc if both teams got a shot. It ended the way it should have.

Utegibby13
      Ute Fan
      @utegibby13

I believe college OT rules are 10 times better than NFL rules. I get it, they are professionals and if you want to win you get a stop. However, i feel the same way about the college rules. If they are good and want to win, they will make a stop. Giving both teams an opportunity, especially in a game like the bills chiefs game, is only fair.

There was no way that defense was going to stop the chiefs offense. Not right there. They were firing on all cylinders. I believe if they would have gone NCAA rules, bills could have still won the game.

That being said, i predict the chiefs win the superbowl. The bengals are good, but i do not believe they will be able to even slow down the chiefs. The 9ers and rams are both good teams, but its defense that wins championships and the rams have the closest thing to a defense that can stop the chiefs.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

I will say that this was quite the entertaining and dramatic NFL playoffs weekend.  Missed the Bengals/Titans game (which apparently was a good one too) as I was up at the Hunty, but the other 3 games I watched were all simply amazing.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I was reading today that there will be fallout from this game. Maybe we’ll see a rule change in the off season.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Ironically a few years ago, it was Kansas City who lost the AFC title game in OT when the Patriots won the coin toss and drove for the winning TD on the opening possession.  The Chiefs asked for the rules to change (but few if any other teams were inclined to discuss the matter).

Awhile ago, they stopped letting a team win by kicking a field goal on the opening possession which was an improvement, but no matter what if any changes are made, someone is invariably going to have that game they feel they didn’t get their fair shot.

I think of Utah’s game against the Aztecs last year. We seemingly score 2 points in the 3rd OT to extend the game, but after a lengthy review of a 50/50 call, the call is reversed and the game abuptly ends. 

But bottom line is Utah played poorly for most of that game, and Buffalo had other chances to put yesterday’s game away too.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Oh they absolutely did. They were running the ball way too much when it clearly wasn’t working.

Utegibby13
            Ute Fan
            @utegibby13

79 and Central, i agree with both of you that they didnt do enough. I do believe that if they were given a shot, they would have won probably on a 2 point conversion, but that is a moot point. I did not like the call to kick the ball in the end zone instead of squib kicking it. 13 seconds is too much time to give to mahomes. College, yeah thats about game over. NFL, 13 seconds is alot of time.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NFL NFL Overtime rules suck