Nice quote from USC Offensive Coach

Viewing 3 reply threads

Great1Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tribute

After talking about how physical and fast Utah’s defense is, he said “We haven’t played a game like this since Alabama in 2016.”

Nice compliment.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I am not taking away anything from the Utah defense but did it seem odd to anyone how USC stayed committed to rush?  Besides a few losses of containment on that new QB I just found USC’s game planned deeply flawed. With those wideouts you expect more throwing especially being really the only weak point for Utah.  

Charlie Foxtrot
        Ute Fan
        @charliefoxtrot

Well when you have a freshman QB who has had less than stellar results on the road, they may have felt they didn’t have a choice and were going to try and rely on special teams, defense, and 4 and 5 star tallent to try and pull out a win.  More throws against an unexpected cover 2 would probably have resulted in more take aways for Utah.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Especially down 3 TDs in the 4th quarter.  Yeah they scored on that one drive in the 4th Q but they helped the Utes by chewing up more than 6 minutes in doing so.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Yes mostly rushes again. Two scrambles I guess. Just stupid game plan. 

Redblood
      Ute Fan
      @redblood

Sumlin made a similar comment leading up to our game. He said this will be the first time we play a SEC quality defense.

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

They stayed with the rush because Utah was sitting in pass defense the entire time. USC probably felt like they should be able to run so kept trying to. Utah gifted them points so they score wasn’t too out of control… so running the ball wasn’t the worst thing in the world. But obviously Utah’s d-line just tore them up all game long.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Nice quote from USC Offensive Coach