NIU board. Spent time there last year. Decent guys.

Viewing 9 reply threads

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

If you go over, represent Utah well. This game is not going to be a blowout. – 21 is a good line for an under.

https://csnbbs.com/thread-871259.html

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Good dudes. Had to laugh at them hoping for one one ones against our DBs.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

-21 isn’t the over/under. Did you mean taking NIU +21?

Duhwayne
        Ute Fan
        @duhwayne

Yes, if you say so. Trying to talk sports betting having never placed a sports bet. I focus on the stock markets for my crazy ass speculation. 😉 

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I went over there and said Hi. No reason to smack talk them really. I’ve got a soft spot for G5 teams playing P5 teams…

Not that I think we aren’t going to blow them away or anything.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Invite them over here.  We will be nice.

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

They have a whole thread pointing to this place. 🙂

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Phil Steele thinks Utah covers. 

Richie_Rich
      Ute Fan
      @teampendarvis

This is not the same NIU team from last year.  They are far worse on both sides of the ball.  If game 1 is any indication of a team, it took them a pick 6 in the 4th to close out Illinoise St.  IMO, if the U boys play the same game they did last week, they should easily cover.

Ghost of the HEB
        Ute Fan
        @deseretgentlman

They’re returning 9 starters on defense — the two they lost just happened to be their best players.

Richie_Rich
          Ute Fan
          @teampendarvis

True, but if you look at that game, our boys played sloppy as hell.  Blocked fg, missed fg, and a muffed punt.  Huntley threw for almost 300 yards on 31 pass attempts and oddly, Moss only ran for 66 yards on 16 touches.  Ludwig won’t play that game.  They may return 9 on defense, but their offense is poor.  Of course, I made the same remarks last year when we were favored by 11, I believe.  Someone correct me if I’m wrong.    

Norm
      Ute Fan
      @niutah

Hey guys, Huskie fan here to give you some info on this year’s team. As noted, no Sutton Smith means a lot less pressure in the Utah backfield. While the other D end who will be gone was very good his replacement is at the same level. The Huskie’s Strength on D is now up the middle. Tackles, LBs and safety are easily the best players. Corners are young so I expect they’ll make a big mistake at some point. Hopefully it won’t be for 6.

Offense is 180 degrees different than last year. 2018 O was the worst most fans can remember. Terrible QB play combined with terrible OC/HC. Played every game to avoid TOs and win field position. The new QB can sling it and they’ve added some speed on the outside that was sorely missing. Big question is O-line. The LT is now protecting Deshaun Watson’s back in Houston and no one has claimed that spot.

Like many games vs good P5 teams, the Huskies will hang tough for a half and then the lack of quality depth will be their undoing as the Utes wear them down.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Thanks for posting Norm!

mokus
        Ute Fan
        @mokus

Based on what you say, if you can stop Moss from running it will be an interesting test for Huntley and the hyped up receiving corp.  Would like to see if your QB can fling it too, since the Utah D line is considered the best in the country he better be light on his feet.  Would be nice to see how the D responds to actual QB play since game one featured a guy just giving us the ball for free points.  

Good luck Saturday!

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

That is what I am thinking as well. You guys got a helluva head coach though. He knows his stuff and I expect you guys to win the MAC regularly going forward. 

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

You have a solid new coach, and we saw the QB Ross Bowers play for Cal. He has a good arm and is a great athlete.

But you guys have the best-looking mascot in all of CFB. Mission is a stunningly beautiful husky!

Mobile Ute Hub user submitted image

1 2

Grimmetal
      Ute Fan
      @grimmetal

These guys are definitely… confident. They remind me of BYU fans, except without the months of soaking in irrational hope.

We should beat them by 3 possessions. It won’t be close. Not after last year.

Norm
        Ute Fan
        @niutah

Mission is a beautiful dog and an awesome mascot. He does a wonderful job with all the people glomming around him for pics at the games.

Norm
      Ute Fan
      @niutah

I doubt they let their new QB sit back in the pocket for long. The new OC is from SDSU(FCS). Ran a pretty wide open, innovative offense. You should have some experience with our new QB Ross Bowers as he started all 12 games for Cal in 2017.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

TDS did quick routes most of the game and NIU qb isn’t even close to as mobile as Wilson.  I expect more blitzes on Saturday.  

Dante Guardi
        Ute Fan
        @danteg12

I remember Bowers. He did the frontflip against Wazzu a couple years back. We never played Cal in the years he started so this is our first look at him playing against us

FUJon99
      Ute Fan
      @fujon99

NIU fan here. Bowers is what gives us fans so much confidence. Last week it took the first half to shake off the rust since he basically hadn’t played all of last season. I wouldn’t look at our first game to predict the outcome for this week. New game plan, big improvement from both squads, etc. Bowers will have to get rid of the ball quickly to survive this one. Our top 2 receivers did not play in last years game. TEs also appear to be playing a much bigger role in the receiving game than last year. Skill group has quality at the top but little depth.

Our run D is legit. Holding Moss to a season low last year was no accident and it very well could happen again. The middle of our D is all back and loves the challenge of playing against great backs. What’s concerning for NIU imo is corner play. They’re young and not very big. Utah threw a lot last year because the run game stalled and will probably have to again. We believe our front 7 is the best you’ll see this regular season. Our Dline is experienced and deep. The LBs know where to be and play fast. We lost one starter in fall camp but his replacement is a freak athletically. LB depth is a concern because of the injury however.

What will happen Saturday? Well in 2015 we lost to #1 ranked tOSU by 7 with Cordell Stewart, Braxton Miller and JT Barrett all getting snaps because our D dominated and they wrote it off to playing down to the competition. In 2017 we beat Nebraska and got their coach and AD fired immediately. Last year we beat BYU and their fans equated it to losing to a high school team. Last year vs. Utah we had the ball with 3 minutes left down 4 and Utah’s D put the game away. If Bowers was QB it could have been very different. As usual players like Ford (? Name of Oline talking shiit) will get punched in the face and realize they have a real fight on their hands. NIU isn’t coming to compete, they’re coming to win and will use the usual disrespected chip on the shoulder as a motivator.

It seems just about all NIU fans expect a competitive first half and Utah to eventually pull away but not cover. That’s definitely where my heads at. It’s a new QB, new offense and new staff. It’s a tall order to gel this early in the season against such a strong opponent so we don’t expect to win. However, any Utah fans who dismiss NIU because they’re G5, like not to long ago for Utah, is a fool. Comparing us to next weeks Idaho State opponent is just ignorant.

Hoping all come out healthy and a Utah PAC12 championship!

EastCoastUte
        Ute Fan
        @eastcoastute

this man deserves a cookie^

Distantute
          Ute Fan
          @distantute

I was at the niu game last year. No energy in the stadium which translated to the field and of course whit wasnt shy about saying he didn’t understand why utah was playing there. Translated to lackluster play to your opponent level type game. Will be different on Saturday. Utah at home knowing they have to win big to keep hope of a cfp/ny6 type bowl. Utah wins by 28.

Norm
            Ute Fan
            @niutah

There must be something to this because we at NIU sure do hear it often. Sometimes even after the second meeting.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football NIU board. Spent time there last year. Decent guys.