No Vickers, Tyrone Smith out for the year.

Viewing 3 reply threads

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

The starting OL are named, just order is left. 

Hansen and Falemaka due back Monday. 

Starting QB named Monday. 

No word on LB transfers. Lol. 

crazyute
      Ute Fan
      @crazyute

We got a link for these? Whow are the lineman?

89ute
        Ute Fan
        @89ute

On the offensive line…
        “Well we have the five identified. Starting left to right we have Jackson Barton, and then either Salesi Uhatafe at left guard and Darrin Paulo at right tackle or vice versa. Lo Falemaka at center and then Jordan Agasiva at right guard.”

From Utahutes.com

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

Nice to see agasiva in the mix. He was a big recruiting for us. 

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

Sucks about Vickers, mostly for return purposes.  Lewis will be here in January and we will still get him for 2 years, which will be helpful.  I dont think Vickers has a redshirt to burn so I doubt we bring him in next year.

Im guessing the starting Olinemen are- Barton, Paulo, Falemaka, Agasiva, Uhatafe?

89ute
        Ute Fan
        @89ute

As far as returner, maybe Boobie has seen the light?

“He’s a very good punt returner. He’s really started to develop as a punt returner. When he was first back there, a little too much east and west, but now he’s starting to get the feel of getting up the field,” said Whittingham, who then referenced the punt Hobbs took back to the house in Boulder. “By the end of the season, he had become a viable weapon for us on punt return and he’s going to have that role again this year.”

“I’m not scared to catch the ball. My biggest problem is just trying to make the spectacular play. That’s what I was known for in high school,” Hobbs said. “Coming to college, it’s just about catch the ball and give your offense a chance. You know, it’s a team thing. That’s what I had to learn and it took my a while. But I’ve got it down pat and I’m still learning and still working.”

Utes’ senior Boobie Hobbs quick and confident

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

If he’s improved, I’m cool with it. If it’s more dancing around crap, let’s get guidry or some other speedster in there to make a play. 

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

What happened to Smith?

KiYi-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @kiyi-ute

Never mind. I remembered what Google was. Season ending ankle injury that requires surgery. Will red shirt and have 2 more years to play. 

RiseasUtes
        Ute Fan
        @riseasutes

Ankle injury

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football No Vickers, Tyrone Smith out for the year.