North Dakota

Viewing 8 reply threads

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

If you had to come up with a zoob name for UND, what would it be? 

For example, heard someone call Boise State the “tater zoobs” once. Pretty funny. 

Fargo zoobs? Oil zoobs? Wheat zoobs? Bird zoobs? 

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Mosquito Zoobs. If you’ve ever been there in the summer… No explanation necessary. I was there in June 2016 and I think I saw a mosquito carry off a cow, yes, one mosquito.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Mesquito zoobs. 

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

Can anyone elaborate the zoob reference?  I assume its the phallic definition, but I wanted to make sure.

eastcoastute738
      Ute Fan
      @eastcoastute738

zoobie is a derogatory term for a certain genre of people who attend BYU. The term evolved from the word zoo, which was a common nickname for the university in the 80’s. Possible explanations for this nickname may include the chaotic, often carnival-like atmosphere of raging hormones and desperate hunting for mates.
      A zoobie is the quintessential BYU student. A zoobie is just a member of the flock of sheep. Zoobies don’t think for themselves, they are the oblivious morons who roam BYU campus in droves.
      You can’t tell a zoobie by appearance only, although there is certainly a stereotyped look. Preppy sweater boys and plastic girls are often associated with zoobiehood.

geaux-sioux
        Ute Fan
        @geaux-sioux

Beer zoobs it is then.

UtahFanSir
        Ute Fan
        @utahfansir

Okay. I was traveling home from Driggs, ID (there two weeks including seeing the eclipse) via SLC. A college buddy & wife who I meet in married student housing at the U, were celebrating his 50th wedding anniversary at the Cottonwood Club. Had to go for that one. So Saturday morning we begin our travel back to Bend, OR, where we live. We have reservations at a place in Winnemucca, NV. I know. But it was about half way and as an old fart, that is as far as I wanted to drive that day.

So, and this is where the question comes in, while getting our kit into the room, we see this fine young man and his significant other. She was in skin tight black tights, in case you want to know. Sexy too. Her, not him. Hanging on him like a wet towel. Just sayin’.

He was wearing a Yahoo hat, on backwards. A Yahoo T. And floppy, just below the knees matching nylonish same medium dark Utah State blue color shorts. Don’t remember the shoes, but matching. Total match, this kid. FYM, really fine.

Zoob?

I resisted…I’m proud of myself. I resisted this time. I think my GaS meter is nearing zero. But my plate frame on my red truck does proudly display, Utah Alumni. Parked right next to the cutie pie.

OldAsDirtUte
      Ute Fan
      @oldasdirtute

I have seen nothing that suggests that UND is worthy of  the term ‘Zoob’. 

Here’s to hoping we end up wih a good, clean game, and some new friends in the tailgate lot.

Go Utes!

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Not zoobs. Only BYU, Boise and ASU have those as far as I’m concerned. 

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

Totally agree. Geaux Sioux and other UND fans have been great. Looking forward to Thursday. 

Why ASU and Boise specifically? BYU speaks for itself. 

Wilson’s Mustache
          Ute Fan
          @sigmaute

I mean, doesn’t ASU & BSU speak for themselves too?

KiYi-Ute
          Ute Fan
          @kiyi-ute

Cactus Zoobs and Potato Zoobs.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Agree with many here. The ND fans are far too cool to have a zoob name.

shakeitsugaree
      Ute Fan
      @shakeitsugaree

Kickin Chickens?

imsolame

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football North Dakota