Not kicking the fg to tie at 10 was the game changer

Viewing 4 reply threads

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

BYU had momentum but Utah was driving kicking the fg to tie the game would have slowed the Cougar down. Instead Whit trys the same tired inside run on 4 th and short which every defense in college football knows is coming and gives BYU a boost instead of tied at 10 at the half a fired up cougar teams drives down to make it 17-7….Game Over

I don’t think Utah recovered mentally or emotionally from that sequence. 

Whit and Ludwig looked old and tired (metaphorically speaking) tonight. The team looked flat and some players looked completely disinterested. 

Zero energy on the sidelines. 

Coaches and players alike deserve all the blame tonight. This was a total team effort in crapping the bed

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

I am a huge Whit fan, but after our last couple of games from 2019 and this one, I’m starting to wonder as well.  But that play was huge.  I’m not sure why we thought we could run that play when it failed against Weber State, but it felt like a pride thing.  Which bothers me.  I hope you’re wrong.  

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

He is old school. He’s of the mindset if your Oline can’t get you a yard when you need it you don’t deserve to win.

Problem is every D knows it’s coming and 5 can’t block 7 or 8 when they are all crashing the middle of the line

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Yep. This was the crucial failure of the game.  We had mo, and tieing it up at 10-10 would have hurt their mo.  Instead they get a shot in the arm by stopping us, then go down and score.  9 point swing.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Whitt defended the decision in the post game. Said analytics were on his side but it wasn’t the reason for the decision. Then talked about how he will do it again and said the failed result is the hindsight aspect. I am not paraphrasing well enough but I felt like points was the better move. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Not kicking the fg to tie at 10 was the game changer