Now that we have Tuttle, what happens with the offense?

Viewing 8 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Tuttle is a “pro style” QB. We don’t run a pro style offense. What’s going to happen?

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Taylor had Jake Browning. I think they did ok together. 

Xanthis
      Ute Fan
      @xanthis

Less RPO and more designed runs. Other than that he can still throw from the spread formations. Similar to what we saw with TW. 

cjd1
        Ute Fan
        @cjd1

This is what Moss needs, designed runs.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Tuttle is a prototypical Troy Taylor QB.  We will be just fine.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

Troy Taylor is a huge reason why Tuttle chose Utah. Tuttle stated that several times. 

Sweetness
      Ute Fan
      @sweetness

Yeah, I think it will look a little more similar to what we saw with TW, and so long as we have a solid RB with O-Line, I really, really like that picture :)! If TW could have just been a little quicker and more crisp with his decisions, he’d have been a hell of a QB, I think KingTut has a chance to be that guy. 

3 1

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

I dunno, rumor has it he’ll transfer to Wisconsin tomorrow.

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

I’ll tell you that Jack is a lot faster than he’s given credit for.  RPO game is still an option.  He has the arm of a pure pocket style QB but he will do some damage when things break down.  He can make every throw on the field but he’s got some escapability for sure and ultimately will choose to sit and see the downfield plays develop.

Biggest, most polished arm we’ve ever had in the program.  Shows maturity and is highly intelligent.  He’s going to have to adjust and play at PAC12 speed which should eventually come in a year or two but if he makes that transition he will be very good and will play on Sunday’s. 

This also will significantly improve our chances at some big time receivers in the spring and really through the next couple of cycles.  Already have a couple 4 star young guys…many more to come.  True difference maker if just for that fact alone.

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

He probably won’t be able to RS right? Can’t imagine Huntley not missing some time.

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

Jason Shelley is one of the best backup QB’s we’ve had in a long time (Troy being an outlier) So I think we’ll be able to RS tuttle next year.

Unless he earns the starting job in camp 😉

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Travis Wilson was a Pro Style QB.  Jack Tuttle is an amazing passer, but he is also a very fast and strong runner.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Now that we have Tuttle, what happens with the offense?