OC

Viewing 2 reply threads

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

My opinion we should just promote Harding and bring in a young QB coach who understands the pass like a graham Harrell @ North Texas.  Solves all our problems. 

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

Would Harding be willing to take the demotion though?

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I love how people keep calling it a promotion.  It always makes me smile. Whitt had two assistants this year. 

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

As do I. It’s the one reason I would like to see Harding be named as OC, so I can watch the mental gymnastics of those who claimed Harding wasn’t demoted from Co-OC, he was “promoted” to OL coach.

Really though, I hope it’s not Harding. 

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

It is though I really think it is. I actually think it would be for the best. I don’t really want some asshat coming in trying to prove his own career with this talent. Let’s face it the OC position at Utah is “don’t screw it up!”. 

2 1

UteThunder
              Ute Fan
              @utethunder

I think the right guy could come in and improve our offensive fortunes. Settling for “don’t screw it up” means we have reached our ceiling under Whit.

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

Well I thought we had after that ASU loss  or hell even the 0-2 start in P12 play. He turned it around and finally closed it out against Colorado. 

2 1

UteThunder
                  Ute Fan
                  @utethunder

Right. And this is as good as it will get without an improved offense. The Pac 12 isn’t likely to be this down again any time soon and even if it is, without an offense we aren’t going to do better than 2nd place.

its the same problem we’ve always had: we need an offense to go with our defense.

EagleMountainUte
                    Ute Fan
                    @battlegroundute

No Gay is my biggest concern honestly. Also coverage for kicks special teams might be the weakest team next year. 

Anonymous
          Inactive

It would be more money for Harding. He’d get the OC paycheck with the Assistant HC enhancement. We absolutely NEED a dedicated QB coach. 

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Recruiter Utah needs a recruiter a guy with connections and that can close deals. Erickson type guy because look at the guys he brought in with his connections?

GunthersRevenge
      Ute Fan
      @eldonbkimball

I’d like to see the Utes start making hires like they are a serious pac12 contender. I’m not sure any other high level pac 12 teams would want Harding as their OC. Great oline coach though. The Utes are always going to be able to run the ball, they need to get an OC who can attract a big time QB. Taylor was so close at doing this. Why not kick the tires on a guy like Sarkisian. He’s probably going to get canned by the falcons this year and maybe he wants to get back in the pac 12. For all his flaws, he could at least recruit a good qb.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.