Tenn +700
      Utah +900
      TAMU +1400
      UNC +2200
      Tulane +3000

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

Why are FSU and Texas so much higher than Utah.

Are there two more overrated teams each year than these two??

DataUte
        Ute Fan
        @scotwaye

Yep – but at least these are betting odds, not actual ELO or other ratings based on performance or expectations. Just people seeing the name brands, big fan bases putting down dollars, and all those 4-5 star players that don’t pan out.

I’d say USC is way overrated, but I can get it with the returning Heisman winner. But their defense will still not be good. Can’t wait to be in LA to see Utah beat them.

I actually think Texas this year has a good chance to win the Big12. But they have a game or two where defense really sucks or offense just can’t score the points.

krindor
        Ute Fan
        @krindor

Part of it is honestly an easier path

How many ACC teams do you see there with 10-1 odds or better. Florida St and Clemson. And then UNC way down the line

What about the Big 12? You’ve got Texas and …Oklahoma who is there mostly as a bet on their brand to figure it out

As to the PAC, you have USC, Oregon, Washington, and Utah all in the mix. This year it’s a lot harder to get through the PAC unscathed than it is in those other conferences

alexsmith
      Ute Fan
      @alexsmith

Betting is an interesting game. OU having better odds than Utah shows that they really create some lines as ways to bring in good money

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

Georgia’s schedule is so damn pathetic

DataUte
        Ute Fan
        @scotwaye

True, but the beat everyone on it. But SEC champ will always be in CFP (or if 2 losses, at least the team with only 1 loss). Sucks that we have 9 conference games AND have 2 P5 non-conference games just to bolster the recognition.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

UW doesn’t miss us & USC this year…..Definitely not sold on them…..Their hype stems from their performance last year against a cake schedule [not to mention losing to ASU].

They had only one impressive victory last year & that was in Eugene.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

What are the Vegas odds on Caleb Williams faking another injury after going down double-digits on the scoreboard?

Utesby1
        Ute Fan
        @garykennedy

Not a gambler so I am not sure what these numbers even mean. Can someone provide a quick explanation?

I can at least understand that three PAC-12 tams have better odds of making the CFP than we do. That makes no sense to me. 

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Odds of making CFP