Ogbe

Viewing 2 reply threads

iamthepreacher
      Ute Fan
      @iamthepreacher

There comes a point where some college athletes must acknowledge that their bodies are not physically up to the task of playing at this level. Jordan Wynn had to acknowledge that. It might be time for Kenneth Ogbe to acknowledge that as well. And if he doesn’t come to terms with that on his own, at what point does it make sense for LK to pull Ogbe scholarship?

While that may seem harsh, Ogbe has gotten school covered for 3 years in exchange for playing for our basketball team. Over this timeframe, he has actually played very little. Some due to coaches decisions but mostly due to injuries.

It might be time to part ways and bring in a new recruit who is physically up to the task. This is not a knock on Ogbe. Just the unfortunate reality of the situation.

Thoughts?

GadValleyUte
      Ute Fan
      @maximumkungfu

I agree with the sentiment. When he plays he’s a great contributor, but he rarely plays.

I think freeing up a scholarship makes sense, but as far as I know the kid is giving his best and I don’t like pulling his scholarship because of injury.

Ideally the athletic dept. could cut him from the team but continue to make good on the promise for an education and not have it count against the cap for the NCAA. Give him something like an “undergrad assistant” gig so he still contributes.

probably not realistic, but it’s what I’d like to see.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Did Olsen do that same thing?

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

really too bad. He is probably our best athlete on the perimeter. By far our best wing defender, which is something (the lack thereof) that is absolutely killing us this year. Big. Long. Quick. Good shooter. We miss him a lot

Anonymous
        Inactive

How can we miss someone who has never played??

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.