Oh dear…. Complete thrill!

Viewing 4 reply threads
      5 3

BaldHatu
      Ute Fan
      @baldhatu

The Oscar finally was so tremendous.  What an epic #$%@ the bed moment.  I, for one, am so tired of these dips**ts trying to tell everyone how the country and the world should be run that it was with complete joy that I witnessed their epic flop last night.  Still giggling.

UtahUteGuy
      Ute Fan
      @utahuteguy

Finalé?

7 2

Newbomb Turk
      Ute Fan
      @newbombturk

As opposed to everyone else in the world trying to tell everyone how the country and the world should be run? Everyone has an opinion. I think what is p**sing you off is that they have a pulpit to state their opinions. Just don’t watch, you’ll feel better.

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

The problem I have with celebrities making political statements is they seem to think that because they are celebrities their opinions should carry more weight.  

Newbomb Turk
          Ute Fan
          @newbombturk

Why do you care what they think? Even if I agree with them, I don’t think their opinions carry any more weight than mine. I managed to ignore Clint Eastwood and Charleton Heston for years.

UteThunder
            Ute Fan
            @utethunder

I don’t care what they think. Unfortunately, the uneducated masses feed off of these celebrity political statements as some sort of validation or guide for their own political stances.

1 3

zeous
      Ute Fan
      @zeous

I have no idea what happened nor do I care, but your description was awesome.

3 1

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

I’m endlessly amused by watching people howl about how “liberal hollywood should shut up”, then turn around and praise the Clint Eastwoods, Scott Baios, and Duck Dynastys of the world for “telling it like it is” whenever they speak out about something that’s pro-conservative.

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

Here’s the difference, at least for me:

There are relatively few conservatives in Hollywood willing to speak up on political issues. I remember reading or hearing somewhere that there are a lot of people in Hollywood who lean right but won’t speak out on political issues for fear of being black-balled by the industry.

Meanwhile, liberals can speak out without any fear and they do so in droves. 

If more conservatives would speak up, the left would all be “howling” for them to shut up too. If there were fewer liberals speaking up, the right probably wouldn’t give them much thought. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Politics Oh dear…. Complete thrill!