Okay, let’s talk Utah football

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I have been thinking lately about the number of receptions our receivers will get. We have an all-conference weapon in Kuithe. Some people are high on Pittman. Vele is a solid and experienced target as is Bernard coming out of the backfield. Here are my uneducated estimates of the number of catches our main receivers will get per game.
      Kuithe – 6-7 catches
      Vele – 3-5
      Pittman – 2-3
      Yassmin – 2-3
      Bernard – 2-3
      Parks – 2-3
      Other backs – 2
      Other receivers and tight ends – 2-3

This works out to be about 25 catches per game. With our offense – I am not sure that there are that many catches to go around. So, overall the numbers are probably a bit high. I certainly do not know anything (just my observations). These are just something to discuss during the offseason.

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

Do we know if Pittman will even be ready to go this season coming off his injury?

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I honestly don’t know.  However, Yogi Roth said on ESPN last week that he expects Pittman to be the goto wide receiver for Utah this season.  He implied that Pittman will be ready to go.  But, who knows?

UtesRule
        Ute Fan
        @utesrule

He was interviewed by Bill Riley a couple weeks back and he said he is on track to be 100% ready to go by the begging of Fall camp.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Pittman had a chronic condition with his hip, rather than an injury. The surgery to fix it isn’t super severe, and essentially just remodels the bone, and doesn’t touch any muscle or tendon, so it’s more like healing a broken bone than anything. I think Pittman will be fine, and ready.

UrbanLiar
          Ute Fan
          @urbanliar

Thanks for those encouraging detail on his condition. We appreciate that optimism.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

I think not having Jackson with 3-5 catches is a glaring mistake and you should feel foolish. 😜

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Okay, let’s talk Utah football