Okay, so I guess now is a good time to burn my source.

Viewing 2 reply threads
      5 1

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Seeing the post by rbmw263 below about the salt waterfall made me think, yeah it’s time.

Some of you may remember on UF.N I posted Utah was going to the Pac12 about six months before it actually happened. I probably wasn’t the first, but I confirmed it. I was shocked it took so long because my source told me it would be announced within two weeks.

So my source was Aaron Roderick’s HS best friend. He lived in my neighborhood in Virginia and would give me heads up all the time on inside info. But always told me not to burn my source. Long story short, the whole Plan B with Texas and Oklahoma thing was frustrating because Plan A was Utah and Colorado. Then the whole wait, and plan C, Utah and Colorado.

ARod’s friend hooked us up with tickets from ARod/players to UNC, and Louisville. Sadly I was on my own for 2008 Michigan and Notre Dame, but we’d always meet up with ARod and thank him. So yeah since he’s gone, I guess it is time. My kids even have a few hats ARod gave them after the game. Each coach got two hats for each game and usually gave away the second one after the game. We also used to run into Ludwig’s brother as well, really nice guy and he gave my kids some swag as well.

I know others also had ties to ARod so won’t burn them, but it was always funny to me, ARod grew up a Utah fan, didn’t get offered a scholarship so went to BYU.

So as I’ve always said, Utah and Colorado were Plan A and Plan C. And who wouldn’t at least consider Texas and Oklahoma, they are $$$$.

GO UTES!!!!! 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Big deal. I posted it over a year before it happened, and I don’t know Aaron Rodetick, his sister, her boyfriend, their barber, or the shoeshine guy.

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

What never made sense to me was that we were not announced with Colorado. I know that Hill was out of the country at the time (I think). I also recall Larry Scott stating as such but I’ve never been able to find the quote. I might be remembering incorrectly but I swear I heard him say it. That’s the only thing that does not fit with “we were always in” line of thinking. I for sure remember Whitt saying during a coach’s show “my understanding is that if Texas is in, we are out.” Just because Whitt said it does not mean it’s true, but he did say it. I’m still under the belief that we were in the whole time but it has always bothered me that we weren’t announced with Colorado.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Okay, so I guess now is a good time to burn my source.