Okay, so we all dislike Monson, but IMO this is a good article.

Viewing 1 reply thread

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/2018/08/31/monson-ease-suffering/

I’ve seen enough evidence of the positive effects of cannabis oils and other non-THC derivatives to form my opinion. Also living in Colorado, I haven’t seen the absolute destruction of society as we know it.

Back to football.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Won’t click the link. Hate Monson.

Marijuana for recreational use is a can of worms when it comes to impaired driving that I don’t want to open up. People drink a little now days and do their drugs with it. CNS on top of CNS isn’t a good thing. 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Any sources on this? I’d love to see some real data on this. 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

There won’t be because of the rules on per se arrests. Testing for blood draws stops on anything over an .08. Also alcohol DUIs it is cheaper to just obtain a chemical breath sample.

There is some data on fatal crashes because they test generally from a dead heart during an autopsy. I don’t care to look it up right now but you can look at NHTSA. Also many of the studies that have been conducted with Marijuana is produced in a lab with 40% THC concentration. Most of the California grown weed is around 70-80 THC. Then add your oils and waxes on top of it??? 95% THC concentrate and higher. Measured dosage from the user on a cheap ass scale from Amazon?  I don’t like big pharma at all either and take over the counter Ibuprofen for my kidney stones because I fear drug addictions. 

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

Good call. I think we need to study this a lot more before any freak out, jump to conclusions are made. 

I just read a couple articles from Colorado and it’s all so…murky. 

A lot of the crashes are combined with alcohol. So, lets educate people. Let’s get smarter, find out what the effects are, and educate. Not hide things. People want to live, they want to follow the law. Give them chance to. 

One thing I read was talking about how marijuana is showing up in relation to crashes, but then they said that it stays in the system for 30 days and they haven’t been testing to see if it was a cause or not, just to see if it was there. 

If that is the case, then all that information is useless. 

It’s like guns. Instead of this ridiculous rhetoric, let’s actually study it and see what the results are and then be smart. 

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

It will never be clear you are talking about the criminal justice system. It is imperfect and comes down to what you can prove in court. DUI investigations are very difficult because the burden is generally on a single officer and what he sees. 

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Also as far as the thirty days did you know there are two types of THC? It comes down to education most people are not educated on the effects of alcohol let alone marijuana. Which age demographic is going to using those products the most?  15-26 year olds who lack, LITERALLY lack the development part in their brains when it comes to judgement?

That is why I am in favor of a zero tolerance like many european countries. You create this grey area for people who try to measure their own impairment. Which if you know anything about alcohol or drug effects on the brain you can condition it to get used to those items.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Also as far as crashes with just property damage go where possible impairment is possible. How many times do you think Police investigate those? DUI investigations are lengthy time consuming and manpower sucking offenses. For the most part they are just Misdemeanor offenses. In some City justices no matter the BAC they plead it down to an infraction moving violation. 

Viewing 1 reply thread

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Politics Okay, so we all dislike Monson, but IMO this is a good article.