On tv it looked like the upper bowl was curtained off for men’s basketball.

Viewing 2 reply threads

EutawStreet
      Ute Fan
      @eutawstreet

Was last Friday night’s basketball game the first time that a men’s regular season game had the upper bowl curtained off?  Also, the official attendance was listed at 12,760.  The lower bowl seats 8,000.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

They did it many times last season.  

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Yeah I have been to a few where they told me to sit in the lower bowl. One time I had to move twice. These old gray hairs were adament about sitting in their seats. 

EutawStreet
        Ute Fan
        @eutawstreet

Thanks. Last year was the first year that I did not attend a regular season game. I went to the exhibition game last season and spent most of the game laughing about the new announcer. I tried buying some tickets last season only to have the ticketing website screw up my order 3 times. I bought tickets to the Nevada game, they emailed me and said that they sold me the tickets in error and took them back. That was enough to keep me home.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

My dad gave up his after 40 some odd years. Mostly because of health and money problems. But he suffered through those crap years like a champ.  

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

The announcer is horrible. I was hoping last year was a one and done situation, but no. 

astUTE
      Ute Fan
      @astute

As others have mentioned, several of the early season games last year, had a curtain restricting access to the upper bowl.  I go to virtually every game, and have done so for almost 25 years as a season ticket holder and more than another 25 years before that with my father and grandfather, all the way back the Einar Nielson Fieldhouse.

I hate the fact that we no longer fill the house for every game, but have to admit, that the atmosphere, in a game like Friday’s is dramatically improved by closing the upper bowl.

I know there are a lot of problems with “rearranging” seats, although, I have not had any – I’m in my seats early, and don’t leave ’til the game ends – so no competition for my seats.

For now, with early season “expected low turnout” games, I support this mode fully – although they may need to better manage the reallocation of upper bowl tickets to lower bowl seats. 

I also sincerely hope the program is back on the upswing – as it seemed to be under Coach K in 2015.

If not, there may be a day that the Hunty is a lower bowl only arena – and after a generation of watching spectacular basketball in the full arena, that would be very sad.

Go UTES!  Fill the Hunty!   

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) On tv it looked like the upper bowl was curtained off for men’s basketball.