One last take on the OR leaving

Viewing 3 reply threads
      1 6

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

I was listening to an interview with the director in charge of bringing shows to Utah last night on the news.  He was disappointed at the fact that the relationship with the event sponsor had deteriorated, but said the OR was leaving anyway because they had outgrown the Salt Palace.  It might be that the bike thing being taken off the table was a bigger loss because it’s a smaller event that could fit and grow in the venue.  So it sounds like the brouhaha was really a “Well, good day to you sir!” moment by the sponsors.

4 2

PorterRockwell
      Ute Fan
      @porterrockwell

Great then the county won’t need to help build the new hotel and come toon center down town that is the center of the ten year plan to spur business growth and keep OR here!  Win win for everyone  smh 

they weren’t leaving anyway but you go ahead and believe that spin if it makes you feel better about it 

Did he mention anything about ski makers moving their show to Denver? Utah managed to lose THREE conventions in the time it takes me to clean my revolver. That is a special kind of stupid. Those conventions will not be easily replaced. Who can the director find to replace them that’s comparable in size and economic impact?

96GradAlum
      @96gradalum

I doubt that that was an important aspect – out growning the Salt Palace.  

The OR folks are serious environmentalists. Our politicians are serious lap dogs for big business.  I applaud the ORA for doing what’s right for future generations. 

PorterRockwell
        Ute Fan
        @porterrockwell

Outgrowing the salt palace wasn’t an issue. Especially after the city and county just unveiled expansion plans, a new convention hotel a data center. Some sort of hub etc thst is being built specifically to accommodate OR’s needs and draw new conventions here. 

Herbert et al really s**t the bed on this one. Utah woukd rather sell their children’s heritage to the extractors for a quick buck then do the work necessary to promote tourism and outdoor adventure. Herbert et al govern in a short sighted manner 

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

The article above shows that someone is lying. Either the republicans or the trade shows. And seeing how the trade shows have signed agreements showing they wanted to stay….

I think I’ll believe the signed documents. 

Fact, people, facts. Follow the facts, not the rhetoric. 

PorterRockwell
        Ute Fan
        @porterrockwell

People need to ask IF the trade show folks are lying what’s their motivation?

the trade show people seem to have been very clear about what they wanted 

I posted some additional information above they sheds a lot of light on all this 

Viewing 3 reply threads

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Politics One last take on the OR leaving