One reaction to NSD, conference depth.

Viewing 1 reply thread

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

The conference s**t the bed last year OOC, especially in bowl games, but if you look at final recruiting rankings, no one had a BAD class. Top four had top 25 classes and all pretty much 40s or better. A little stretch to say cannibalizing is real?

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Not a stretch at all. Look at the two conferences that have made the playoffs every year: SEC and ACC. Both play 8 conference games. Look at the three conferences left out: Big 10, Big 12, PAC-12; 9 conference games.

The schedules need to be normalized. I say add three rules:

1- you must play 10 P5 schools not counting your conf champ game to qualify for the playoffs.

2- No G5 or lower after the second week of Oct (although this would hurt us this year).

3- No bye week’s the last three weeks of the season.

Those three rules would ensure that everyone plays very roughly the same level of difficulty of schedules.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Eight conference games in 14 TEAM conferences.

Additional rule: five of those games must be road games, and neutral site doesn’t count, such as Georgia hosting Wisconsin in the Georgia Done.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I love those neutral sites where one team travels significantly longer. I mean Bama to Dallas is really difficult. 

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football One reaction to NSD, conference depth.