One thing I haven’t seen anyone bring up

Viewing 3 reply threads

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Now, I saw this live at the stadium, so I may not have gotten the whole picture… but I can’t be the only Ute fan that thought the refs missed an obvious pass interference on a pass to Covey. The dude was literally hugging him seconds before the ball got there, and kept hugging him all the way through the play.

I’m not using this as an excuse… I just want to know what everyonet thinks about it.

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

It was PI and it was missed

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

There was at least two missed PI calls on BYU and the ones they called against us were weak as hell especially the one in the end zone.

CB
      Ute Fan
      @solidhobo

I was at the game. They missed that Pi on covey, and a big one on Enis. Also the one they called with Nacua in the end zone on 2nd and 12 was the most egregious PI cal I have seen in my life. I was in the NEZ and had a straight shot of the play. Nacua ran away from the ball with almost zero contact with our DB and the red threw the flag. You couldn’t see how bad it was on TV and replays I watched later, but I argue that is when the momentum got away from us even before the terrible 4th and 2 in the red zone call by us

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Neg me for this if you want but the officials are not why we lost.

CB
          Ute Fan
          @solidhobo

I’m not saying the refs lost us the game. I’m saying they made some terrible calls, but both of our lines were so ass it probably wouldn’t have changed the outcome. Again, just stating how pathetically blind and incompetent the refs were

Crazyforu
        Ute Fan
        @crazyforu

To be fair, we got away with 1 blantant PI, and at least 1 blatant hold. I think these things tend to even out. Just my 2 cents!

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

Referees had a somewhat light hand in the game letting both teams bang around a lot in the secondary and play ball (and consistency is by far the most important measurement of an official’s performance).

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football One thing I haven’t seen anyone bring up