OnlyU, are we done or are there some more presents coming?

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I see we now have an overall recruiting ranking of 21 when considering high school kids and portal kids.

I really want to get Holker.  He is a tight end that could immediately be a difference-maker at Utah.  

It would be nice if Blocker flipped back to Utah too.

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

Both of those guys, lyons, and a transfer qb. That’s what I think

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

I thought Holker to Oregon was a done deal. Has he not announced? 

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

If Holker commits to Oregon it probably means Kuithe comes back for another year and also that they feel very good about Lyons

We aren’t done…portal guys until Lyons in Feb is my guess.

Ghost of the HEB
          Ute Fan
          @deseretgentlman

So, likely no CJ Blocker then?

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

I would not think Holker would impact Keithe, he would be the featured receiver in any scenario . I hope Keithe comes back and pushes into the early rounds of the draft. Next, I would hope Yassmin comes back given his recent success he could have a great year. There is still room for Lyons since we also have the 13 package. Hopefully there is NIL funds to make it all attractive.

Ghost of the HEB
            Ute Fan
            @deseretgentlman

Lyons is a mission kid anyway.
            Much more likely we see Kuithe back than Yassmin imo

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

If he has made that decision – I cannot find anything.

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

Ninjas out there working so never say never.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Sanders
        Ute Fan
        @sanders

How in the world does South Carolina get 11/4 star recruits?

Ghost of the HEB
          Ute Fan
          @deseretgentlman

SEC money/Kids from their recruiting grounds are more likely to get inflated star ratings

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

South Carolina is smack dab in a prime recruiting area. They don’t need to go out of state to secure blue chip talent.

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Names to watch that we know of:

Walker Lyons – HS (Cal)
      Luke Talich – HS (WY)
      CJ Blocker – HS – (TX)
      Jeyquan Smith – HS (CA)
      Avery Helm (Florida)
      Junior Angilau (TX/East) grad transfer
      Xavier Guillory – ISU
      Deijon Laffitte – HS (CA)

Dallin Holker – TDS

highlandute7
        Ute Fan
        @highlandute7

Great list. I just saw the Junior entered the portal. He would be a good get. Played at East High and was really the anchor on the Texas OL until he got hurt early this year. He would be a nice addition.

crash11
        Ute Fan
        @kdunlavy

Onlyu, Coaches not looking at QBs in portal? They confident in Barnes and Johnson to lead next year?

Also, what about this Trejan Bridges?

If Lyons is a mission kid, why wouldn’t Holker join with Kuithe only playing a year?

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

Trejan played at Oklahoma…very interesting prospect here. East LA CC…sounds like he’s gonna take a visit.

I’ve always thought Holker ends up here but we have multiple top TE options at the moment so we’ll choose wisely!

crash11
            Ute Fan
            @kdunlavy

Oh, I remember him now. Was the charges dropped?

Also….QB?

Extra Medium
        Ute Fan
        @runningreddude

Anything on Josh and Isaac Wilson? I’ve been told they are a package deal. Isaac will sign but it’s expected that we take Josh as soon as he hits the portal.

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

That’s the rumor. Josh isn’t enamored with his experience at TDS (though he could see action in the bowl game with depth issues) and I personally think he’s done there after the bowl game based on some things I’ve heard

Dad – Mike was a Ute and Zach doesn’t like us for never offering him so he’s got different things pulling at him.

I actually think Issac’s skill set fits better in Utah’s system and I think they know that. Won’t be surprised at all to see him land at Utah in fact I’d say we’re the leaders for him today. But plenty of big name schools involved so it could go many different ways. I don’t think Josh is talented enough for them all to offer a spot just to secure his little brother. Big schools don’t need a kid that bad so with that said I think he (they) probably end up at Utah. Josh is a fine player…just probably not a difference maker IMO.

I think the whole thing is similar to the Hagen brothers. BYU invites Cole in hopes of securing Cody 2 years later and it worked (for now).

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

The package deal thing worked out for us with the Keithes. Who knows maybe it will work again.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football OnlyU, are we done or are there some more presents coming?