ONLYU GIVE US SOME SUNSHINE

Viewing 5 reply threads

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

On this cloudy day, literally and after the Manny Bowen news, make me feel better about the linebacker situation. 

MineralUte
      Ute Fan
      @mineralute

Care to expound?

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Um… Read some more threads?

Duhwayne
          Ute Fan
          @duhwayne

Can you point to his post? Just scanned five pages and couldn’t find it.

Utesbyfive
            Ute Fan
            @utesbyfive

Oh. I think his thread title has a misplaced ‘S.’ By the thread body, I think he’s asking ONLYU to GIVE us some good news.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

First day of camp. He’s probably busy.

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

Unfortunately I think all of them have gone radio silent for now.  Lloyd, Mata’afa, Lund and Bernard will just have to step up.  Trennan Carlson, the JC transfer, is also rumored to be very good.  The players are there, we’re just lacking experience.  Similar to the offensive line.  Next man up.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

On this cloudy day it isn’t 101 so I don’t need to put deo on my nuts.  

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Couple things…

1. Obviously not optimal to have Bowen decide to walk away BUT Lloyd has known for a while that he was in the mix for major playing time, really an injury away from being the starter so has been preparing as such and is ready

2. The D line and experienced backfield takes a ton of pressure off the linebackers so they really get to fly around and make plays this year. Similar to last year. Cody Barton wasn’t exactly a technique sound LB, he missed the mesh point more often than he hit it but we all know he could hunt.

3. We have plenty of bodies, just somewhat inexperienced. That said, every other position group has that experience to help coach up or cover for little mistakes here and there. Won’t be much of a drop off and really is a blessing in disguise for next year being able to return a couple guys with experience vs starting from. scratch.

4. We’ll be fine is the easy answer. It’s more complicated than that I know but plenty of guys that can run and can bang so we’ll be fine!!

6 1

Chidojuan
        Ute Fan
        @chidojuan

Image result for we're not worthy gif

1 14

whitlessham
        Ute Fan
        @whitelssham

Oh crap… the “We’ll be fine” response.

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

Remember last year when Utah won the south and you left this board for a long time. That was nice.

whitlessham
            Ute Fan
            @whitelssham

Your silly..I never left

ironman1315
              Ute Fan
              @ironman1315

You sure Pace, because I didn’t block you and I didn’t see a post starting from eh roughly the middle of the Oregon game until Northwestern.

Chidojuan
            Ute Fan
            @chidojuan

KNEEEEL!!!

RiseasUtes
          Ute Fan
          @riseasutes

Are you ever really happy with the program?  I get having high expectations, but yours seem more unreasonable than most.  We’ve seen our depth get better and better each year we’ve been in the conference.  We also just won the south for the 1st time(obviously the goal is to win the conference).  It seems that you expect us to contend for a playoff spot each year and that just isn’t realistic.

Anfernee
            Ute Fan
            @anfernee

I blocked him but I’m pretty sure I know who this is directed towards. I was tired of negative energy.

UtahFanSir
        Ute Fan
        @utahfansir

Of course. Just when I was afraid of slipping into a funk, you show up to point out the silver lining. 😘

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

Thx U .. always appreciate the inside info; props  .. Can’t wait for the season !

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football ONLYU GIVE US SOME SUNSHINE