@ONLYU Who Do you think is likely to declare or leave this year ?

Viewing 3 reply threads

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Everythnig is lining up for next year. Wanted to get some idea. 

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Moss is 99.9% gone…Anae is likely gone but will wait for his draft grade.  Blackmon should be back (based on his grade) and Fotu is returning as of today (thinks he can get into the first round if he came back).

TribalUte
        Ute Fan
        @tribalute

Any idea who is plan b behind Jayden Daniels?

32utahutes
          @32utahutes

Looks like he’s going to ASU. Can’t believe it’s going to happen when they got in the game 6 weeks ago but that’s what it looks like. I’m sick. ASU makes no sense with the running a pro style offense, already have 2 pro style QBs committed (1 4 star) and 2 4 star QBs on their roster. Jack leaving just became this much worse. 2020 is going to hurt if Shelley doesn’t develop more.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Sumlin can make running QBs a pro style guy. He has done it this year with Tate….oh wait never mind. 

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

What makes you say that?

He strongly hints that this is in reference to Jayden Daniels.

3 1

32utahutes
              @32utahutes

It’s not a done deal, but it looks like it’ll be ASU. That could still change but it’s not likely. I’m not going to say sources are the reason I know because it’ll just get down voted, but…. Sources 😛

ironman1315
                Ute Fan
                @ironman1315

All the more reason to hate those rat bastards.

EagleMountainUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @battlegroundute

I believe ASU is Utah’s toughest competition next year HERM Edwards is doing a fine job. I really like him to he started off rough but really is a class guy. Him and Shaw are great coaches. 

I think I got that right and no mention of Sumlin with ARIZONA. Ha 

noneyadb
                Ute Fan
                @noneyadb

He gone. Momma didn’t like Utah. ASU is the compromise.

User Suspended
            @a2ute

Yea, 247 just updated and the lead expert has Daniels going to ASU…

https://247sports.com/player/jayden-daniels-89980/

5 4

Anonymous
            Inactive

As long as parents, some parents, think they’re sending their kids into the heart of Mormon country we’re going to have this perception problem. Kid wanted Utah. Shame. 

2 1

ArcheryUte
              Ute Fan
              @craig

Is “Mormon Country” the real hang up? did somebody speak to that specifically? 

1 1

Anonymous
                Inactive

You need someone to specifically come out and say it?  In this day and age?  Do you talk about all the minorities in lower income neighborhoods as being the reason you don’t live there or go there?  

Why would she be against Utah and for ASU? Why would she otherwise interfere with what he wants?  Did what he wants change suddenly from an Offense that fits his skills to one that doesn’t, where two other QBs are already committed?

Di you need her to come out and say “Mormons suck?”

User Suspended
                  @a2ute

Nailed it. The Mormon issue is always variable one cannot dismiss out of hand. Once you get beyond the players on the team, the mormon culture is hard to deny.

ArcheryUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @craig

I think the Mormon culture that Utah has is a positive to more people than we think it is. People associate The Church with a strong family culture and good values. That is attractive to a lot of these parents who send their young adult sons to live in another state. Sitting by a certain players mom at the ASU game, this was one of the largest reasons she supported her kid coming here, and she said some of the other parents she affiliates with have similar opinions. 
                  JD’s mom could have strong feelings against it, but I think we are speculating too much. 
                  Arizona State is an attractive program to someone coming out of highschool. JD sounded way excited reporting on his official visit to ASU, he gave ASU more praise then he did to Utah’s “different vibe.” 
                  The church works for us and against us, not everyone will see it as something that creates a good enviroment.
                  I don’t need her to say “mormons suck,” but I imagine we do not have the whole story. 

1 3

Anonymous
                Inactive

Deny it. Down vote it. Whatever. 

We have a perception problem. 

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

Kayden Bennett from Folsom High School. Currently committed to Boise

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

I don’t understand recruiting any more. Kid wants to play early so he goes where they have 2 young QBs on the roster and two committed QBs for this class ? Doesn’t make any sense.

Crazyforu
        Ute Fan
        @crazyforu

I don’t understand recruiting any more. Kid wants to play early so he goes where they have 2 young QBs on the roster and two committed QBs for this class ? Doesn’t make any sense.

My response…

Anonymous
        Inactive

It does if you look at through the prism of perception problem. 

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Ok. So lets say mom thinks Utah is weird. Cool. He comes for 3 years and then leaves to the NFL. If the wole point is getting to the NFL why would you go somewhere that doesn’t fit your skill set and where if he doesnt become the starter he will have to transfer from. This just delays the whole process. Plus weird or not we have enough guys in the NFL or on camus that he can talk too. Marcus Williams came from the exact name area so was kenneth Scott both LOVED Utah. Either the parents are being selfish or arent looking out for the best interests of there kid. If Daniels beats out 5 other ASU qbs as a true frosh then more power to him. The Utah fit is perfect.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football @ONLYU Who Do you think is likely to declare or leave this year ?