Why wouldn’t he? 

Utes 69
        Ute Fan
        @slc123

Kalani is a byu homer boy, he is not leaving 

HoosierUte
          Ute Fan
          @hoosierute

I think you are underestimating what a 10x raise will do to homer-boy loyalty. 

Uteusmc
      Ute Fan
      @uteusmc

I think he would be a pretty good fit there.  He would make a ton and have endless resources for facilities and recruiting.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

If he’s offered, I believe he will take it. Byu hasn’t treated him well and he could continue on Cristobals recruiting, which is apparently all you need to do to get a 10 year $85 m contract there.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

He was apparently offered 5 Million to take the job at UW and turned it down.  

Which job is better – UW or Oregon?  I guess some would say Oregon because of the limitless money.  For me, it would be UW because I love the Seattle area and I wouldn’t have a rich uncle looking over my shoulder.  

All that being said, I don’t see Kalani leaving as long as he can get himself and the other coaches paid.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

I doubt he leaves the bubble.

He’s very very very comfortable in Provo. He’s beloved in the community. He’s hired every friend or relative of every in state poly recruit. He will never be highly paid as BYU coach because the church views it as a calling more than a job put the 2 mil a year he makes is still pretty good for Utah county.

He could be striking while the iron is hot. He knows BYU will struggle in the Big12 and his time to go for the big payday at a big program is now.

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

.. Is that all Oregon could find . I would think they’re better options out there for them .

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Chip Kelly’s name and been thrown out there along with Chris Peterson and Brian Harsin. Peterson probably doesn’t want to come back and Chip isn’t all that great anymore. Harsin may want to come back west, being in Bama’s division isn’t easy and hebalready has ties out here. Other than that, I haven’t really heard any better names.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Oregon is planing to interview Kalani.