Oregon outcoached USC

Viewing 1 reply thread

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I have to give credit to Oregon’s D coordinator.  They knew USC could not run the ball and they kept the pressure on Slovis all night long.  They mixed up the blitzes and kept USC confused.  USC failed to make the appropriate changes.

We, unfortunately, played USC when we were unprepared because of covid and it was our first game.  On top of that our starting QB went down in the first quarter.  I have to think we would beat these guys now, but that’s water under the bridge.

Today I hope to see some players make progress (especially the Oline) and we stay healthy.  This game is not worth losing any player to a long-term injury.  I think I would rather lose the game than lose any key players to an injury that will affect their ability to play next fall.

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Slovis has all day to throw. Would kill to have an OL like that!

LetItRide
        Ute Fan
        @letitride

Did he? I was impressed at the bull rushes that Oregon put on the SC OL. It seemed to me that Slovis was back pedaling constantly. He did do a good job of hanging in there and making plays and also maneuvering away from the rush.

I was going to post how massive Oregon’s DL looks and the pressure they were getting especially up the middle. Someone else posted it and I just agreed with a thumbs up🤗

Trailgoat
        Ute Fan
        @utahgoat

Slovis did have time and can throw in small spaces. He has plenty of WTF throws/decisions though. Utes need a Drake London type receiver. Kids is big time talented.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Oregon outcoached USC