Oregon – players step up

Viewing 2 reply threads
      2 1

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

Love the way Oregon plays. Without its rim-protector, the team stepped up. That’s what good players/team do. Wish my Utes can do that.

*** Yes, I’m aware of Brooks’s antic actions.

vcsg01
      Ute Fan
      @vcsg01

The went a little flat in the second half but im glad that they pulled it out. I absolutely love watching bell play. He is all over the place.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

They started to play the prevent yourself from winning offense, instead of playing the offense that got them the big lead.

Skywalker11
          Ute Fan
          @skywalker11

Oregon was gassed and were running on fumes. During the under 8 timeout, brooks was limping and cramping and had to have it stretched out. Bell re aggravated a rib injury he got in the pac12 tournament and was suffering a bit towards the end as well. Oregon already had a pretty thin rotation, so losing boucher means that players are going to be even more tired trying to replace his minutes.

if you go back and watch oregons game at UCLA, the exact same thing happened. oregon was up about 14 with 10 minutes to go and started playing the clock and eventually lost the game on a 28 ft lonzo ball three.

luckily, I think oregon learned from that game, and while they were obviously exhausted, they were able to do enough to win and not repeat the same mistakes as they did in that UCLA game.

Puget Ute
            Ute Fan
            @pugetute

This has been a great fun by Oregon.  Jordan Bell is one of my favorite non-Utah players of all time, and I love the way the team reorganized and battled through the adversity of losing Boucher.

THat said, it still p**ses me off that we didn’t hire Dana Altman in 2002 after Majerus left, rather than the Giacoletti/Boylen destruction of the program.  And then again in 2010.  But that time is in the past.  Altman is a tremendous coach and he has done a fantastic job at Oregon.

Skywalker11
              Ute Fan
              @skywalker11

ill admit i was a little underwhelmed with the hire, especially after hearing oregon was going after guys like tom izzo, but i am happy I was wrong. Under Ernie Kent, Oregon would essentially recruit one strong recruiting class once every 4 years, would make a sweet 16 or elite 8 appearance, then they would suck for 3 years. In his final few seasons, it got even worse. Oregon was essentially what OSU was this year for 4 seasons. Altman has improved oregon every year he has been there.

I know people here dont like brooks, his on court antics rub people the wrong way, he’s the kind of guy you love to hate, but when I see some on here talk bad about his character, its unfair. he’s a pretty nice, educated and humble guy, he’s actually pretty soft spoken off the court. In todays games, you need a balance of “assholes” on the court , it helps push the team.

Utah has had fantastic teams over the last few years, and we’ve all seen that they are good enough to beat anyone, but lack something that prevents them from being an elite contender, and IMO, that something is their own “asshole” Utah needs to find that kind of skilled player that can get under other peoples skin.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

I agree. Im a Ute fan but also a huge hoops fan and I would never let my dislike for a team/player get in the way of me enjoying good basketball. Obviously if they are playing Utah thats different. Oregon really does play one of the more fun styles in CBB

Football is a different story for me. If I dislike a team/player I want to see them lose every game.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Oregon – players step up