Oregon St vs Minnesota, gonna be another long season in Corvallis

Viewing 2 reply threads

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

Decided to watch the recorded version of our game later today and watched OSU last night and this morning.

OSU is improved at QB. Garretson (Utah St transfer) is a good QB, did a good job (25/40 228 yards) but that’s about the only positive I saw. He got blown up a few times because the RT tackle could not handle a 215 pound DE. No, that’s not a mistake, 215 lb DE. He sacked Garretson twice before being ejected for targeting.

Speaking of targeting, MN had three guys ejected, plus two snaps over the QBs head, one resulted in a safety. MN played sloppily but still handled OSU.

OSU is SLOW. No speed on that team whatsoever. No playmakers either. Garretson, however is good, but his line will get him killed. If OSU can keep him healthy they’ll win a few games at best.

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

I see what you’re getting at. Fine. You were right. I was wrong. Are you happy now?

89ute
        Ute Fan
        @89ute

Well, not really. The Pac is going to take it on the chin this weekend. The bottom of our conference loses (OSU) and I think UCLA and USC lose. CU shouldn’t wet the bed and I’m nervous about ASU. Someone is going to lose to an FCS team this weekend and it was looking like Tennessee was going to step up and take it. (edit, I forgot Appy St is now FBS, Sun Belt)

Talking heads are going to drone on about the Pac-12 being left out of the playoff two years in a row and the Pac-12 south’s fall from grace.

But, they said that about the Big 10 when Ohio State wound up winning it all.

Anyway, I don’t think Gary Anderson is the bees knees that some make him out to be. He’s an okay, couldn’t cut it in Wisconsin, won the wac with everyone gone mediocre coach.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by 89ute.

Anonymous
        Inactive

I am extremely satisfied that I picked that Oregon St choke job correctly and @cinyute didn’t.

LOL

Anonymous
      Inactive

I picked USC after having an emotional high watching the Sugar Bowl highlight film. Reality is that Bama will dominate USC in the trenches. USC’s best hope is to get the ball to JuJu and Adoree in open space, but I don’t think Bama will give Browne the time to make the throws.

I picked UCLA over aTm, but I would like to see aTm win it and turn Josh Rosen into a head case for the rest of the season.

Beavs got no defense. Garretson is not a PAC 12 level QB. Gary Anderson sucks. They will be a doormat again.

Colorado looked good, but CSU just could be really bad.

All my other picks going true to form.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Oregon St vs Minnesota, gonna be another long season in Corvallis