Offensive Efficiency: 9th
      Defensive Efficiency: 27th
      Special teams: 123rd

Oregon:
      Overall rank: 14th
      Offense Efficiency: 17th
      Defensive Efficiency: 29th
      Special teams: 68th

These teams are remarkably similar offensively and defensively, however, the special teams discrepancy makes me a bit nervous.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

So it will be a tight game until they block a punt or two and score 7-14 points as a result…. 

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

We just shouldn’t punt. Better to turn the ball over on 4th down than give up a guaranteed TD.

2 1

Trailgoat
          Ute Fan
          @utahgoat

Agree. Any 4th downs inside the 20, Utes need to take the safety or go for it if less than 10 yards. Questions is, can the punt team block long enough for the player receiving the snap to run into the end zone before getting tackled. Maybe put no one pack to receive the snap and have the long snapper just hike it out of the endzone. I think I am kind of kidding :)! 

Zero confidence there is a fix for the punt team if they haven’t figured it out now. UofA had 3-4 guys in position to block the punt. Obvously Utah is incapable of fixing this problem. STs could be the difference in the game. 

Larry B
            Ute Fan
            @larryb

This is what scares me. If we don’t move the ball past our 35ish yard line, it’s almost a guarantee Oregon will send the house to block the punt and most likely block it.

I think we need to have Cam punt on anything from our 35 to Oregon’s 40. Anything between Oregon’s 40 and Oregon’s 20, we go for it on 4th. We kick a FG on anything inside 20.

Charlie
              Ute Fan
              @charlie

I think Whitt will spend more time with the punt team this week and make it a priority. There may be changes in the linemen who didn’t block. If necessary, and sad it may be necessary, OL starters may be used. They are not spun up to tackle so that would make high kicks necessary to force a fair catch. I expect midfield punts to be done by Rising but again, gota avoid return with the offense on the field. Either way I would be shocked to see giving up blocks to continue .

alUmnUs
        Ute Fan
        @alumnus

Sad when it might be joking, but it’s actually true.

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

I think the game will ultimately come down to whether or not we adequately protect this house which, in my opinion, is something that we must do.

UtesRule
        Ute Fan
        @utesrule

LOL…well done! That we must!

Duhwayne
          Ute Fan
          @duhwayne

He’s totally right. We can’t win if we don’t finish with more points.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

123rd??????

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Oregon vs Utah FPI Comparison