Oregon vs UW-who do we pull for?

Viewing 5 reply threads

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

I’m thinking Oregon so it’s more impressive *if* we beat them next week. Something tells me ill find it it hard to say “go Ducks” though.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

I am pulling for a sinkhole to open in Autzen.

HoosierUte
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierute

we don’t really need to worry about what is “impressive” at this point. either win and go to p12 championship or not. We aren’t getting into the cfp with 2 losses. only positive in a ducks win is the potential to rematch in the p12 championship and exclude the traitor schools.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Tacoma, I get your logic.  However, we aren’t going to make the CFP, so SOS doesn’t mean much.  Yet, we can still go to the Rose Bowl.  If Oregon loses to us and UW, and Utah wins out – we will be playing for the conference championship against the UCLA/USC winner.  The three-way tie scenarios don’t bode well for us.

So, I guess I will be cheering for the Huskies. 

Tacoma Ute
        Ute Fan
        @tacomaute

Yeah we won’t make the CFP but I’d like to finish as high as possible.

Having said that I am not as confident as I was last year that we beat Oregon. Not close.

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Fuskies. I want Oregon all deflated when they play us.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

UW…I can’t remember when I pulled for Oregon in a game. Maybe 25 years or so ago before Phil Knight started getting decisively engaged with the university. In addition, I believe a loss to the Huskies, which would eliminate the Ducks from any CFP conversation, would deflate them from a morale perspective and make Utah’s task easier next week. That’s really all I care about…how the result of this game would help Utah. Remember when Utah lost the CCG to Oregon in 2019 and got eliminated from the CFP? How’d their bowl game go against Texas? Remember when Alabama lost the CCG to Florida in 2008 and got eliminated from the CFP? How’d their bowl game go against Utah? Same thing here…Oregon loses to the Huskies and they might not win another game the rest of the year.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Oregon vs UW-who do we pull for?