Orgeron on ybu

Viewing 2 reply threads

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

LSU With two weeks to prepare and byu still ran the same offense???

Can’t wait till they 🔥 their Heisman winner. That’ll be the day…

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I’m starting to feel like Ty thinks he’s just smarter than everyone else and that his system is perfect. It’s fantastic. The guy is clueless.

Milton Vanderslice
        Ute Fan
        @miltonvanderslice

This makes me so excited.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Truly clueless. I watched an interview with him post-shellacking, and his comments were cringe worthy. He is in waaay over his head.

Red Don
          Ute Fan
          @reddon

Truly clueless. I watched an interview with him post-shellacking, and his comments were cringe worthy. He is in waaay over his head.

Watch him on the sideline, there’s something “off” about him.  Almost like he really doesn’t want to be there.  He just doesn’t look engaged. 

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

I said it when he was hired:

hes never wanted to coach at BYU. BUT, he lost a ton of money and BYU was offering $500,000 a year. Sometimes you can’t say no. 

I think this was a situation like that. I think he’d rather stay in Texas paying high school kids to play for him and out talenting everyone. 

But the money was too much. 

jamarcus24
        Ute Fan
        @jamarcus24

So what you’re getting at is the system is perfect but the players sometimes aren’t?  Shades of bronco!

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

I am not sure what to make of this. Most every team run the same offense week to week. Granted, there are tweaks, but it is not as if every week brings an overhauled offense. 

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

I think he’s saying the film they had on BYU was the same offense with no changes and they practiced against that for two weeks.

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

Against Portland St the offense should have been very basic, the thinking from BYU fans was that they didn’t want to show LSU their full playbook. The fact that it was the same vs LSU as Portland St is the issue. Something that barely worked against an FCS opponent will have very little positive results vs a strong P5 opponent.

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

Moss and Carrington both stated something along the lines that Utah only ran a few basic plays vs UND, and they only scratched the surface. byu has some information on what Utah will run out of a few formations, but Taylor isn’t going to attach the byu defense the same as he did against UND. 

Basically Detmer didn’t know how to attack the LSU defense, and wasn’t prepared. Why Sitaki came out and put their offense on blast…

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Orgeron on ybu