OSU opt-outs

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

The video below implies that there may be at least three OSU opt-outs.  Coach Day is keeping it quiet.  He does not want Utah to know anything.  These guys are suggesting that one WR, Wilson will sit out as well as one defensive lineman and one offensive lineman.  Some suggest that there may be more, but no one seems to know anything for sure.  They say they will know more when they see who shows up in Pasadena. 

This is a long video.  The opt-out discussion is talked about first.

Link to video

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Opting out of the Rose Bowl leads me to believe that we should move to a 16 team national championship.  

RedRocks
        Ute Fan
        @hypodactylus

Yeah, opt outs are disappointing.  I completely respect a players right to do so; it simply shows how bowl season has kind of lost its luster.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

I couldn’t care less who from Ohio State opts put. I will enjoy a Rose Bowl win regardless of how Ohio State fans and players feel about it.

NY6 games are a huge deal for any team that isn’t a CFP regular. Hell, for 95% of programs a NY6 bowl game is the goal.

If Ohio State wants to act like the Rose Bowl doesn’t matter to them, that’s their prerogative. But this game is a HUGE deal to Utah fans and we are treating it as such. I hope the difference in attitude towards the game manifests itself on the field.

BTW, Ohio State is a bunch of spoiled crybabies. Crapping all over the revered Rose Bowl just because they didn’t make the playoff. Waaaaaaahhhhh. Screw them. Michigan might have a worse rival than we do.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

I hope they do have opt outs, could care less. At the end of the day it will be treated like injuries where it’s next man up mentality and no excuses, nobody cares. We win the game over Ohio State it’s still a huge win over a Top 10 team. So if that gives us an advantage, I’ll gladly take it. Go Utes!

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

You know any opt-outs from Ohio State and a win by the Utes (especially if it’s a rout) will result in all zoob writers in the local rags to downplay the win because so-and-so didn’t play and OSU were not at full strength otherwise Utah wouldn’t have had a chance.

Yeah, I don’t care and I know you don’t care but it just fuels their narrative who really deserved to be playing in the Rose Bowl because of a game played back in September. Tradition be DAMNED!

Because in zoob logic it’s how you start and not how you finish in Bizarro World Provo.

#GOUTES

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football OSU opt-outs