Other 3-10 Power 5’s

Viewing 1 reply thread
      5 3

alharmon
      @alharmon

It was mentioned the other day on here that in their last 13 conference games the Utes are 3-10. Here is a list of the other Power 5 teams with a 3-10 record or worse.

Pac-12: Utah, Cal, Oregon State

ACC: North Carolina, Syracuse

Big 12: Kansas, Baylor

Big Ten: Illinois, Minnesota, Rutgers

SEC: Arkansas, Tennessee, Vanderbilt

With the 28th highest paid coach in all of college football is it unreasonable to expect more success than this?? I’m not on the fire Whittingham train but I am a little disappointed.

7 1

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

This is an example of a cherry-picked stat.  Why is 13 games so important??  Oh, because if you go more games back the W-L stats look much better.

Unlike those teams the Utes went to a bowl last year, and won.

The last few years the Utes faded toward the end of the season, or is that just a fluke in scheduling?  This year the Utes get more difficult Pac-12 North teams early in the season.    We’ll see, but I bet the Utes go bowling again this year.

5 2

Ute Bc
        Ute Fan
        @utebc

3 – 10 is relevant because it is the current trend. The trend is not good. 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I think it should just be what Utah has been under Huntley and TT in the PAC12. 3-8. So slight improvement down from two losses. Overall it is 9-8. 

3 1

Trailgoat
        Ute Fan
        @utahgoat

“Go Bowling” Talk about a cherry picked stat. On the surface, KWs bowl record is a nice accomplishment. Looking at time in the P12 Utah did not go to bowl games in 2012 and 2013. Last year beat a depleted WV (7-6) team without their starting QB. The other lower tier bowl game wins against Indiana (6-7), BYU (9-4), CSU (10-3), Georgia Tech (8-5) had a lot of missing players in that game.

IMO…going to one of the 75 lower tier bowl games and winning is really over valued. These lower tier bowl games amount to which team showed up the most after all the rib eating contests and attending a week of city of commerce staged activities. I believe Utah was favored in every bowl game they’ve played in while in the P12.

Again, a notable accomplishment to win bowl games, let’s be honest about bowl games 2014-2016 all three years solid Utah football teams that under achieved in control of their own destiny losing key games in the P12 they should of won.

User Suspended
          @a2ute

Image result for i like the jib of your cut

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

So you can’t even give him credit for motivating his team to be the one that “showed up the most”? Year after year.

Getting to a bowl game is at least a statistic that has meaning and consequences unlike choosing “the last 13” games.

Yeah, the Utes have not been in a meaningful Bowl since 2008 and that bothers me too. However, how many teams are regularly going to New Years Day bowls? How many in the Pac-12? (0). Has Arizona ever been in a top-tier bowl?

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

exactly! let’s look at last 2 games. Oh s**t…we are the worst. 

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Other 3-10 Power 5’s