Ouch

Viewing 6 reply threads

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

Kamrani is reportedly no Jaylon Johnson in the bowl game. Anymore, all non-NY6 games should be taken with a grain of salt. They’re basically scrimmages after a few weeks of winter practices for next year’s team.

Maybe Texas will have some holdouts as well….

Tednab
      Ute Fan
      @tednab

As expected .. I am sure they’ll be more to come .. bowl game will be more of a scrimmage

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

Let’s call it a really early 2020 pre-season game. Doesn’t count in the standings. 😏

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I am fine with it. Good chance for us to see 2020 team. 

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

I’m fine with it too. I will, however, look at this game with the same value of a spring game.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Jaylon has always been honest about using us as a means to an end. Godspeed young man.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I’m glad he is sitting. It’s the smart thing to do. Don’t risk your career to please your fans and buddies. He has given his best more consistently than anyone else on this team in years with the exception of maybe chase hansen

4 18

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

Yeah.  Don’t be a team player, or do what you’d agree to do for the honor of the University giving you a full ride scholarship for.  Those guys are toxic.

10 2

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Nah the University, Conference, Corrupt NCAA and all those networks made millions off of him. If he blows his knee out they don’t give a s**t and neither will you in a few months. 

5 1

gUrthBrooks
            Ute Fan
            @hammer

Pfft. The tone of these type of posts are so one sided. That University, Conference and NCAA didn’t force Jaylon to come play there. They provided facilities and an opportunity to play in front of millions of eyeballs and he willingly went and played. This is an opportunity that neither he nor his parents could have replicated themselves.

Now I’m fine with him sitting, but let’s not make it to sound like he got nothing out of this opportunity and and was forced and used like a cheap mule. I think his social media goodbye to Ute Fans, coaches and the U has an attitude of gratitude.

1 3

ATX-UTE
              Ute Fan
              @atx-eutaw

Have you listened to the podcast with zack moss? These kids are broke barely getting by while the university and ncaa are making millions off of their talents. Can it.

UteThunder
                Ute Fan
                @utethunder

And what do the universities do with those millions? Oh, that’s right, they reinvest them into the program for current and future scholarship athletes.

gUrthBrooks
                Ute Fan
                @hammer

Those of us who are financially literate will understand that these kids are getting a 6 figure per year experience without their parents having to pay for this experience with their after tax dollars. But that’s cool that you heard a 20 year olds sob story about not having any money. Meanwhile, I see he has cool clothes, plenty of food, top level coaching, a nationonal platform to showcase his talent into a career worth potential millions, etc.

Is it hard, yeah, but guess what? Universities, professors, deans, etc, are making millions off of the tuition of regular students and the tax payer subsidies from the local tax payers. So as a tax payer and a former student with two degrees, I really don’t give a s**t that a kid in his early twenties feels poor for playing a game that he doesn’t HAVE to play!!! Go be an accountant jack ass!

EagleMountainUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @battlegroundute

I see your point. I guess I am not arguing any point other than I don’t fault him for not playing. If you want to represent the rah rah team first line. Or is it I want to use your talent for the benefit of my team one last time line go ahead. Don’t act as if you have the moral high ground.

I don’t care if JJ leaves I certainly would selfishly enjoy him for one more season. This bowl game has some meaning but for the most part has little value for him.
                  ” It is what it is” to sort of use the line from the Irishman.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Gratitude and keeping it real. JJ is a professional. 

ATX-UTE
          Ute Fan
          @atx-eutaw

Ma’ake Kava
      Ute Fan
      @ma-ake

Thank you to Jaylon, for choosing Utah & honoring your word.

I want to see how his work ethic and positive influence has rubbed off on JT Broughton, who holds similar promise, with track credentials to back up that assertion.

1 1

TheJuggernaut
      Ute Fan
      @thejuggernaut

Besides JJ, Blackmon and Hubert is anybody else out?

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.