P12 making history…

Viewing 2 reply threads

HoosierUte
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierute

“With Arizona’s loss to Buffalo, the Pac-12 has officially made history. (Not the good kind.) Per ESPN Stats and Info, no major conference has failed to send a team to the round of 32 since the formation of the Big 12 in 1996-97. The 2018 Pac-12 is the first of its kind.” – ESPN John Gasaway.

It’s almost like the committee picked the 1st, 4th, and 9th best teams to represent the conference… 

TheNuschler
      Ute Fan
      @thenuschler

Conference (# teams) – NBA Players in each school – in NBA
      Atlantic Coast (15) – 15 – 89
      Pacific 12 (12) – 12 – 70
      Southeastern (14) – 11 – 58
      Big 12 (10) – 7 – 41
      Big East (10) – 10 – 30
      Big Ten (14) – 9 – 39
      American (12) – 7 – 18
      Mountain West (11) – 7 – 14
      Atlantic 10 (14) – 5 – 8
      West Coast (10) – 2 – 5
      Big West (9) – 4 – 4
      Conference USA (14) – 5 – 6
      Patriot (10) – 4 – 4
      Ohio Valley (12) – 4 – 4

I think part of the mess is NBA guys like to play for bad coaches… how many NBA players has Lorenzo Romar sent to the league?? Over a dozen. Numbers like that speak to something fundamentally wrong with coaching across the entire league. Just my opinion.

TexanUte
      Ute Fan
      @texanute

This is especially bad when we weren’t even good enough in the worst Power 5 basketball conference to make the field of 64. Perhaps next year? Is this team on the upswing? Being out of state I don’t follow the B-ball team nearly as intensely as the football team so not sure on the trajectory. I have heard good things of Larry K but don’t know if the Runnin utes are on the right path???

Staples
        Ute Fan
        @staples

Incoming recruiting class is supposed to be really good so it appears Utes are on the upswing. We’ll see if that translates into a tourney bid next year.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) P12 making history…