P12 Pessimism Bowl 2018

Viewing 6 reply threads

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

If you’ve been reading Washington forums, they are as down on their chances Saturday as we are about ours. Which side gets the win, and which gets to bask in the satisfaction of knowing they sucked all along?

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/huskies-bracing-for-a-hostile-welcome-in-pac-12-opener-at-utah/

Their assumption is that this year’s team is as tough as 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017. I’m not convinced we’ve gelled enough yet to give them a game. OL and WR are soft.

If Washington wins, I want them to go the NCG. The conference needs the OOC boost.

In my heart, I know I’m right…

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

This years team is basically last years team but better and more experianced on defense. Covey is a sufficient replacement for production from Carrington and Huntley is improved. Even though we aren’t lighting up the score board, I think week 3 2018′ Utes kicks the crap out of the 17′ team. So, in that regard they probably should be nervous.  

2 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Defensively, we are better than last year. Offensively, the same at worst.

Washington was a lot better last year.

2 7

Micah Montgomery
      Ute Fan
      @bootywrecker

Most of us Dawg fans can’t wait for Browning to graduate. We have 5 quarterbacks waiting all better than Browning and his marshmallow arm. Look for Sirmon or Eason next year. Then again Haener is a baller. Basically 5 backups that would all start for Utah. You can have one of the transfers if you want lol

4 2

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

HA! HA!!!!

I’ve been saying this ALL FREAKING SUMMER LONG. If Washington had Eason, they’d be a LOCK for the title game vs Alabama. 

But, nooooooo. Utah fans: “OMG, Browning is AMAZEBALLS. He so great. He’s dreamy. He everything you could ever want in a QB.” Blah, blah, blah, blah. 

I don’t know if a s**ttier QB has ever had a more talented team around him than Jake Browning. Maybe Trent Dilfer the year he won the Super Bowl. And even then, Browning is a worse QB because he hasn’t beaten anybody. 

RiseasUtes
          Ute Fan
          @riseasutes

Cough* Travis Wilson

Wilson’s Mustache
          Ute Fan
          @sigmaute

I would take this guys opinion with a grain of salt.

RiseasUtes
            Ute Fan
            @riseasutes

I actually agree that Washington has more talent at QB sitting on the bench, but Eason can’t play this year.  2 4* freshman recruits from last year’s class also waiting in the wings.  

1 2

Micah Montgomery
          Ute Fan
          @bootywrecker

Eason has to sit out a year but I doubt he even starts next year considering the talent we have all waiting at the quarterback position

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

This just proves the axiom that the most popular player on any team is the backup QB.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Internet boards and social media are never a good indicator of how things actually are. The reality as people perceive it is always the least reliable IMO. That said Onlyu is probably the opinion I trust most on this site. Including myself. 

Micah Montgomery
      Ute Fan
      @bootywrecker

Tacoma News Tribune is another decent Husky board. Spokesmen review for Wazzu which is the major Spokane newspaper also a very nice forum for Cougars and Huskies

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football P12 Pessimism Bowl 2018