Pac-12 Championship Game COVID policy clarification

Viewing 2 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Read below the full content, but basically it means all we need to do is wear masks at the game:

At this time, the vaccine requirement policy applies only to Raiders home games at Allegiant Stadium in keeping with the Governor’s State of Nevada Emergency Directive 049. The Raiders and Allegiant Stadium are currently evaluating any application of this policy to other events. For all other events at Allegiant Stadium, all individuals, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a face mask while inside the stadium. Individual events held at Allegiant Stadium may also implement heightened COVID-19 protocols, so please read all correspondence regarding an individual event carefully. Allegiant Stadium’s COVID-19 protocols are subject to change as additional information is discovered or provided by the State of Nevada & the CDC.

10 7

richute
      Ute Fan
      @richute

Dang. As someone who’s vaccinated I kind of selfishly wish they’d just do proof of vaccination and then no masks. Although I’m happy with this if it means we can get more Ute fans to the game who wouldn’t be able to come if not vaccinated.

PNW Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pnwute

Could be worse. I’m in the Pacific Northwest. We have to show proof of vaccination and wear masks.

(Although, since you can lower your mask while eating or drinking, most people get into the stadium and get a drink or some food, and then “eat” or “drink” it over the course of the entire game with their masks off.)

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

The dumb thing about proof of vaccination is how easy it would be to make a phony one.  

4 7

UteThunder
            Ute Fan
            @utethunder

No, the dumb thing is that even people who have been vaccinated are getting and spreading covid, so what’s the point?

5 12

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

By now you need a booster. 

Also masks don’t do anything other than shut up the Karens and Kyles of the world. 

DataUte
          Ute Fan
          @scotwaye

I dunno – masks might be nice to catch the spit spray of some rabid fan me yelling about something stupid like holding on every play. But, that Kyle probably wouldn’t have it over their mouth anyway. 😉

9 5

popbirch
      Ute Fan
      @popbirch

Masks are effective. Vaccines are effective. Mask mandates have a lot data to show that they reduce the number of deaths. Wear a mask. Get vaccinated. It saves lives. It’s not perfect but it’s better than not doing either. I’m a physician and I take care of people with this disease and interact with them on a daily basis.

“An evidence review of face masks against COVID-19
      Jeremy Howard et al. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2021.
      Free PMC article
      Show details

Full text links
      Cite

Abstract

The science around the use of masks by the public to impede COVID-19 transmission is advancing rapidly. In this narrative review, we develop an analytical framework to examine mask usage, synthesizing the relevant literature to inform multiple areas: population impact, transmission characteristics, source control, wearer protection, sociological considerations, and implementation considerations. A primary route of transmission of COVID-19 is via respiratory particles, and it is known to be transmissible from presymptomatic, paucisymptomatic, and asymptomatic individuals. Reducing disease spread requires two things: limiting contacts of infected individuals via physical distancing and other measures and reducing the transmission probability per contact. The preponderance of evidence indicates that mask wearing reduces transmissibility per contact by reducing transmission of infected respiratory particles in both laboratory and clinical contexts. Public mask wearing is most effective at reducing spread of the virus when compliance is high. Given the current shortages of medical masks, we recommend the adoption of public cloth mask wearing, as an effective form of source control, in conjunction with existing hygiene, distancing, and contact tracing strategies. Because many respiratory particles become smaller due to evaporation, we recommend increasing focus on a previously overlooked aspect of mask usage: mask wearing by infectious people (“source control”) with benefits at the population level, rather than only mask wearing by susceptible people, such as health care workers, with focus on individual outcomes. We recommend that public officials and governments strongly encourage the use of widespread face masks in public, including the use of appropriate regulation”

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Pac-12 Championship Game COVID policy clarification