PAC-12 says Utah won the national championship in football in 2008

Viewing 3 reply threads

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

https://pac-12.com/content/football-national-championships

What I love most about this is that it isn’t coming from Utah. It’s everyone else telling us that we are national champs. 

Thlete
      Ute Fan
      @thlete

Like I keep saying, it’s about as legit as many football championships that other schools claim. Bama claims a championship where one poll had them like #14 and 3 losses. I say we accept what others are granting to us and carry it with pride. It would be different if we were trying to claim it on our own, but when outsiders are making it legit – especially when officially recognized by NCAA and PAC-12, it’s time to hang a banner and acknowledge it.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Absolutely. Utah deserves it because it was given to them. Be proud of that. That was a damn good team and no one has any proof that there was a better team that year. 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

They need to hang the banner and do a big ceremony the last game of this year. Make senior day a special day. 

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

That wouldn’t be to tweak the noses of some Zoobs would it?

Anonymous
            Inactive

Oh man 😜

That would really be funny. 

Anonymous
            Inactive

Dp

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

Wait? We play them that game? I though we were just playing some lower level G5 team to prep us for the PAC-12 title game. Crazy. 

ironman1315
              Ute Fan
              @ironman1315

This story is so touching but it sounds just like a lie.

CincyUte
            Ute Fan
            @cincyute

How about this: we get a National Championship banner to hang in the stadium, but only put it up whenever we host BYU at RES.

Puget Ute
              Ute Fan
              @pugetute

I hope UW hangs a 1984 banner before the game against byu-P this year.  That would be hilarious too!

Anonymous
      Inactive

We should go ahead and claim 2004 too.

RiseasUtes
        Ute Fan
        @riseasutes

It’s harder to claim something on years where no polls have you as #1.  

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

I’m at the point, mostly because BYU fans are incensed about this, to saying we are champions. The meltdown on Zoob Board is something to behold.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football PAC-12 says Utah won the national championship in football in 2008