PAC12 Parity

Viewing 3 reply threads

homer
      Ute Fan
      @homer

Seems this season no team has it all together. Each one is showing vulnerabilities. Teams seem tightly bunched. Someone ends up conference champs, but will this be the year the PAC is left out of the “final 4”?

After we finish clobbering each other, it looks like a distinct possibility.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by homer.

UtahSig
      Ute Fan
      @utahsig

The problem with the 4 team format is every year a conference champ will get left out. I am really hoping after a couple of years of that, every conference will be p**sed off and we can see an 8 team playoff with the 5 conference champs and 3 at large selections.

FormerUteSax
        Ute Fan
        @formerutesax

Possibly 2 if Notre Dame gets in

Hockeybeard
          Ute Fan
          @hockeybeard

Total Apocalypse scenario – 2 SEC, 1 non-SEC, and ND…

I think we’d see a pretty immediate move towards an 8-team playoff at that point.

Utah man forever
      Ute Fan
      @uman

I don’t think ND ever gets one of the final four. They just don’t have a strong enough SOS. (same with TDS) That being said, the first time any two of either B1G, SEC, or PAC get left out will be the last time and change everything. The first time the SEC gets two in also will be the last. Everyone will want a play in game for anyone left out of the final four. Quick and easy answer play in game between #4 and #5 with all five P5 champs. This way it is only one more game for two P5 teams. Screw the G5 and Indy’s.

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

My guess is an unbeaten SEC team would be the first team in the playoff and an unbeaten Notre Dame would be the second team (over any unbeaten Pac12, Big12, ACC, and Big Ten).

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football PAC12 Parity